DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am back again. Been driving my car for the past year with no problems other than high gas consumption due to bad O2 sensors. Just before Christmas I get a whining noise coming from the engine somewhere and all of a sudden she stops pulling, as if in neutral. She slips in and out so the obvious answer is the transmission. I am here to confirm my suspicions, so here's some extra info, any replies would be super appreciated. What I do with the car from here depends on what you guys have to say....

Whining noise happens in park and while driving
Noise increases with rpm's
When she grabs into drive again there is a short tight grinding noise, no clunks like if the transmission is engaging.
Transmission oil is red (not burned) and full

Is it the end??

Tracey

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have you done any mods lately? (messed with the shifter, had the trans fluid changed, could be a clogged filter?) Some of your problem could be these things, but the grinding noise makes me think there is already trans damage and it sounds like your trans needs a rebuild. But always start with the simple things first. I agree with Ruggels, drop your trans pan and look for metal.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Do a transmission fluid and filter service if it hasn't been done in the last 100k km or so. Almost sounds like it's starving for fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts