DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCYMAml3CDk

Watch it, and be amazed. Someone should call that number that comes up, too... find out if its for real, or w/e. The dyno looks convincing, but a bit unclear... I really want to drive this car. +respect for rice after seeing that.
Hella sleeper.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Hmmm Im interested and considering that 847 area code is a number for the northern suburbs i might just call it. I saw that car last summer a few times on 90.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code2medic said:
Hmmm Im interested and considering that 847 area code is a number for the northern suburbs i might just call it. I saw that car last summer a few times on 90.

When you do, tell us what happened and what he said, if it wasn't some random number :)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
That Supra is legendary. All that power, and street driven pretty much daily.

Unfortunatley, Marko sold it a while ago.

I'm sure Axle will chime in with more info.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny I've never heard of it before... Know what he got for it, selling it?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The car is long gone. Supposedly was sold to someone in the area so it should be around still. The final numbers are 1,500+whp on 62psi. He has since opened is own Supra shop in the area.

Yes, the street car lived up to it's name... the guy drove it on the streets and did get into some races where he has surprised quite a few people. The video says 8.45 1/4 mile on street tune, please don't think that he meant to say it was detuned for the 8.45 pass.... he pretty much drove with that boost setting around the streets. We have lots of fast cars here, he's not the fastest and certainly not the slowest.

Setup goes like this:

1993 Supra White Auto
TH400 with 2 aluminum drums and hardened input shaft.
Fully built Pro Street Tire engine 1520 RWHP dyno record holder
AEM engine management
1600 CC injectors
Direct port nitrous system
4" HKS Titanium exhaust
HKS GT wastegate
GT47 88mm turbo with anti surge delete
Virtualworks intake manifold and throttle body
Custom Garrett intercooler core 28" X 13" X 5"
Custom STC hi flow end tanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
I can't view vids at work, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, yeah it's wrecked.

There's another vid on some site (can't remember the site) that shows some highlights of him driving that supra, and then shows it wrecked on the tow truck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phrozt said:
I can't view vids at work, but if it's the one I'm thinking of, yeah it's wrecked.

There's another vid on some site (can't remember the site) that shows some highlights of him driving that supra, and then shows it wrecked on the tow truck.

Ohh, dont say that!!!!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
it seems kinda sad to just buy that car...it would be half the fun starting with the stock Supra and building it up yourself....guess that's the difference between driver and enthusiast.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
That's an HKS SSQV right? I love that BOV...but they're sooo expensive. OH well buy it first explain it to the bank later. Wonder if i can find one on Ebay that's not a knockoff :p

btw...i don't think i'd ever call a Supra a "sleeper"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thats ridiculously fast, but then again if you put 150 g's into a car it had better be fast. Think anyone will make a Trep anywhere near that fast? Who has the fastest 1/4 time on here anyways? Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
1500 hp is probably not going to happen...the only reason i'm not saying never is because i never say never. However, the treps will roll and speed isn't as hard to attain as quickness. I bet you'd be surprised to see what the intrepid platform can do with enough cubic dollars :)

I

·
0 Posts
skatin_foo15 said:
Thats ridiculously fast, but then again if you put 150 g's into a car it had better be fast. Think anyone will make a Trep anywhere near that fast? Who has the fastest 1/4 time on here anyways? Not trying to hijack the thread or anything.
Its a joke to even try to make an Intrepid that fast. I think the real bottleneck is the weight of the car and the aerodynamics, the car is not build to go fast.

·
Registered
384 Posts
izzay said:
Its a joke to even try to make an Intrepid that fast. I think the real bottleneck is the weight of the car and the aerodynamics, the car is not build to go fast.

it could be done. it wouldn't be easy, or cheap, but it is possible.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
wieght and Aerodynamics can easily be overcome...the largest contributing factor to the LH's lack of speed is the transmission. The intrepid has a .29 drag coefficient which is plenty low for speeds much higher than the engine will push it. Sleeving the block and acquiring forged internals would be required for the 1500 horses but seriously...you wouldn't need that many to break hearts. The most difficult thing to overcome is the transmission. Even with the Powerdemon (which can be built to handle 1000 hp) and even if you HAD 1000 pony's you'd only be getting ~700 to the ground because the design is sooo flawed. A complete custom job is the only way to go and as discusses the Audi transaxle is similar in shape and form to the 42Le AND has 6 manually shifted gears and an adequate aftermarket to support higher power numbers. Depending on how much money I have to blow when the time comes i'm thinking of looking into that alternative instead of a rebuilt 42Le . . . but that is a concept for another thread.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I'm with Archeal. The weight and aerodynamics are not the problem really. The aerodynamics have already been explained by Archeal. The weight however isn't that big of a deal. The Mitsu 3000GT VR4 weighed in at about the same weight as a second gen. The VR4 Spyder came in just a touch under 4000 lbs. The non-spyder version still came in achieved mid 5 second 0-60 runs with 320 hp or so.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Saw a Supra on Ebay a while back super custom, pushing 1300 horses. Everything under the hood was chrome. I wish I woulda copied and pasted the pics and info. Same one maybe?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts