DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so sometimes people make fun of my car saying its an old people car even though most of them say its nice. Maybe its the color which im not to fond of anyways(I want silver :(!!), but either way most people my age (17) want some kind of sporty car. But hell I like big luxury but sporty looking cars thats why im buying a spoiler for the concorde.

Anyways today im driving on a major road going around 55+mph in a 45mph, its a six lane road with three on each side. I was in the far left lane, and Expedition was in the middle and an older neon with a fart can, spolier and all that in the right. There was a cop sitting in a residential street like always but for some reason I always forget that.

So we were all going about the same speed since we were even with each other when we saw the cop move from a stop. We all were slowing down from about 60 in a 45 since we all saw the cop. As the cop got in the center lane we were all in panic looking back and the cop turned on the lights and went into the right lane. I was in a huge relief and actually saying "thank god i drive an old people car, hahaha" it was pretty funny but even the person in the Expo was like "thank god". Moral of the story it pays to drive an old people car over a fart-can-mobile anyday. :D

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Good one! That works or also have the fastest and get the **** out of there so the others get the ticket!

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Gee, hate to break up the side view pic sig orgy, but this happens to me all the time! Just today I was doing 50 in a 35 and went past a cop who just sat there and watched me go by. I was late for work too, so I'm damn glad I drive an old peoples car ...even if it doesnt sound like one.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Pass a cop breaking the law and NOT get pulled over? Must be a Caucasian thing, anytime I pass a cop doing something illegal (whether it's a moving violation or equipment related) I usually have the blues behind me. Of course driving in the state with the highest fine average doesn't exactly help either.......

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Pass a cop breaking the law and NOT get pulled over? Must be a Caucasian thing, anytime I pass a cop doing something illegal (whether it's a moving violation or equipment related) I usually have the blues behind me. Of course driving in the state with the highest fine average doesn't exactly help either.......
LOL, I was pulled over so many freakin times in the Trep, you wouldn't believe. But at least I almost always was let go with just warnings. Hell, I got pulled over for having my sirius satellite radio mounted to the far upper right hand corner of my windshield where it wouldn't obstruct my view.

I even got pulled over without actually being pulled over. I got out of my Trep to go use the ATM machine and got pulled over on the sidewalk! WTF is up with that?

But I gotta say though that I must be losing my mean look. I went into a gov't building the other day and the metal detector went off and the security guard just waved me on thru and didn't even check to see if I had a weapon. I mean, I was almost insulted by the gesture. Did he not think I was capable of popping a cap in someone's ass? Must be getting old.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I won't be surprised with Raptor if I'm the one that gets pulled over... it doesn't look like a "grocery getter" anymore... although the rims still do lol!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I remember someone on the forums told me "that body kit goes "growwwwl"" but the wheels go "honey what would you like me to get from the grocery store?"

I like the stock rims, don't get me wrong, I just can't wait to put on the wheels in my sig.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
i agree, never been caught speeding ever. or gotten pulled over in the trep so far. but the mercury sable is a grandma's car and i was tagged quite a bit, the buick rivi is a grandma's car and i was stopped.
the pike and highways get conservative as you probally wont get pulled over unless 10-15 mph's over the limit any thing lower is a waste of time to most cops in pa grandma's car or not.

in my area i wont blame it on race, but most cars coming from the projects arent pulled over (the cops are bullied there or paid) but try rolling into town from where i live and you'll be tagged for looking at a cop wrong.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I won't be surprised with Raptor if I'm the one that gets pulled over... it doesn't look like a "grocery getter" anymore... although the rims still do lol!
Raptor,
Those SRT wheels are the perfect wheels to put on Tom! Me likes!

j/k,:grlaugh:
The car is Raptor, I know I know! But as I was saying, those wheels will look so sweet!

:bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Raptor,
Those SRT wheels are the perfect wheels to put on Tom! Me likes!

j/k,:grlaugh:
The car is Raptor, I know I know! But as I was saying, those wheels will look so sweet!

:bowdown::bowdown:

LOL i had to reread it twice to see why you were j/king, i completely missed the raptor/tom thing ;)

Thanks, they're gonna run me a grand total of $1600 with wheels already on them and balanced, the wheels are General UHP's High Performance

245/40/20

-Tom

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Nice! Have you considered painting your side mirrors red also? Can someone photoshop that real quick?
Eventually I will be going to the 300M side mirrors, after that it's a good possibility that I will have them paint them when they paint the rest of the car... whoever "they" is that point :notify:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts