DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the car from the body shop this morning! Waited 2 months and 2 weeks for this! Was going out of my mind!

Ok, pics..

Went from this:

To this:

Looks pretty good. I'm happy with the work.
Check out this engine (must have had the hood off for a while):

I'll get that cleaned up right away, and post pics.

God its nice to be rolling in my own car again!

Just for kicks, a pic of my car with my buddy's new Taurus:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Looks beautiful as usual. Congrats on getting it back!

·
Registered
195 Posts
IT looks great. Glad you've got it back. I know how it feels to have to wait for your car to be fixed. Thankfully mine only took about 3 weeks.

BTW: Are those new wheels? Or do you have 2 different sets that you change with the seasons?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! Its nice to have it back...feels good cruisin around, especially since its gettin nice out!

PeacefulDave said:
BTW: Are those new wheels? Or do you have 2 different sets that you change with the seasons?
They are my normal summer rims, the ones in the crash pics are the winter steelies with intrepid hubcaps.

SilverSpecial said:
YAY!! Brilliant Black is such a beautiful color!! Question, did they replace the drivers headlight?
Yeah, driver headlight was replaced...looks alot more crystal clear than the other one, I'm gonna buff out the plastic of the passenger side headlight to try to get them to match.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
OneSpecialM said:
Yeah, driver headlight was replaced...looks alot more crystal clear than the other one, I'm gonna buff out the plastic of the passenger side headlight to try to get them to match.
what did they do with the old one???

u gonna sell it .... ??? im interested in some other HID parts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
linuxglobal said:
what did they do with the old one???

u gonna sell it .... ??? im interested in some other HID parts
? I guess the shop kept it?
Didnt think of selling it...doh

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
you can go back and ask for it. THey have to give it to u.... if u ask..
in any case if i were you i would have kept the old hid bulb since they will colourshift over time and at one point ur pass will turn purple while the other is still white.... its best to use the old bulb, keep the new one as a spare.

id be interested in buying it .... depending on ur asking price. I would just want the components to save on shipping (projector, ballast, u should keep the bulb)

PM me if u find out anything.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I noticed the new one seems a bit whiter than the pass one.
I'll give them a call Monday and see if I can get the old one back.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
the new one should be more yellowish. The old one will be whiter than the new.

Bulbs change colour over time. Yellow/white when new, and as they age your osrams will turn a pinkish colour.

The pass will turn pink .... the age difference so, 2 years i guess before the new one. Since they both run at the same time the old bulbs would be aged at the same temperature so that even when they do colour shift they will both be purple. pink whatever. Thats why when replacing HID bulbs u have to replace both of them.

Uve seen those tls on the street right? the 2001s with reallly dim and pink HID... those are aged bulbs.

Then the benz/bmw/audi have philips so they age blue and still dim down. So when ppl replace a burned out side one side will be white the other will be blue LOL.... ive seen so many cars with a pink and blue side LOL osram vs philips... hehe..

this is a pic of the comparison of an aged philips(left) vs aged osram (right)

good luck

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Looking good OneSpecialM !!!!!! OT . Cip why do you have a Neon in your sig ???? :icon_mrgr And those headlights are aimed a tad low and the bulbs are too blue...... :gun5:
LOL these 8000K pnps are killing me LOL... not really still halogen.

I didnt wanna make a sig thats 25 feet LONG LOL.... plus i borrowed the intrepid (shortened) from 01msLs so i didnt really make it. just added the lights. HEHE and the fogs. .

I think it looks cool, like a little toy of the intrepid. Still no progress on the HID.... i have my last exams monday and tuesday. Leaving to Florida on tues night and then when i get back ill finish the TL retro. The tl are huge... but i think ill manage to get them in. Otherwise ill use some d1s bixenon valeos if i like the cutoff. I still gotta get some d1s bulbs.... or ill just use d2s in them...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
linuxglobal said:
the new one should be more yellowish. The old one will be whiter than the new.

I checked out the lights today at dusk, and you're right....the new one is yellow looking, while the old bulb looks nice and blueish...the way I prefer it. I hope they didn't throw the old headlight housing and bulb out yet...or get their greasy paws all over the bulb so its no good.

What kind of bulbs do the Special's use? If they got rid of the old one I'll just get another new one and change that so they match.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, here's pics of the cleaned up motor..

from this:

to this:

Much better eh?

Anyone know where I can get the stickers that go on the rad support? The catalyst info sticker and the a/c info sticker?
Would that be available thru the dealer?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts