DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, its being a while since I posted on here last. Well I moved back to the UK now, and regretfully had to sell the Intrepid :( Since moving back, I got myself a temporary push-on car till next year. Its a 1999 Vauxhall Corsa B, with an outstanding, totally obviating 1.2L 64hp 4cyl engine. It does 0 - 60 in 13.5 seconds and tops off around 106mph. Its a 5 speed manny transmission, but it redeems itself by getting 60mpg.

Letting go of the Intrepid was the hardest thing I have had to do, but with petrol prices here in the UK, and the size of roads we get here, there's no way I could afford one here. :(

My old Intrepid was also in a car accident earlier this year, nobody hurt, just damaged apparently. I didn't want to see any pictures, as I know it would have just killed me, as I spent hours waxing/polishing and cleaning it each week.

Just thought it be nice to catch up on the old community, and deep down, wish I still owned one of the greatest cars in the world, a Dodge Intrepid :)

Edit, just noticed I posted in the wrong section, sorry :doh:

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts

Just thought it be nice to catch up on the old community, and deep down, wish I still owned one of the greatest cars in the world, a Dodge Intrepid :)

Edit, just noticed I posted in the wrong section, sorry :doh:
Welcome back

that is some babe maginet u got there. I would say sell that puppy and get your self another lh again. lol....you'll never forgive yourself if you don't.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,543 Posts
Hello mate! Didn't get to meet you before, sorry about the loss of your Trep. Wishing you well and safe trips in your present ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey, thanks for the welcome back, its good to be back! :)

Gas prices here are £1.26/litre (£5.72/gallon) which translates to £8.73 USD/Gallon :|

60mpg is considered quite low for my type of car here, we have some cars which do 86mpg city, some eco friendly Ford :p

Id love another LH platform car, but being LHD and considering petrol/import prices, it seems unlikely for the near future :( Dodge do make the Avenger here however but im leaning towards a Peugeot 308 / Jaguar X-Type till I get more money in :)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
If you must have a city car, VW makes some excellent diesels with good chassis dynamics. Or you could get a used BMW 320d! (I bet its pricey though!)

The Corsa is a temp car...but on the bright side, it's not a Perodua Kelisa.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahaha the fail Perodua! Id love a car like that bmw, but with insurance, its almost impossible to get anything above a 1.5l for my age. Got my eyes on a 2002 Peugeot 307 HDi however

2.0l HDi 90hp
5 speed manual
Diesel
65mpg
Air con
Full electrics
Cruise control

·
Registered
285 Posts
Rented a Vauxhall station wagon last time I was in the UK. Mid sized (cant remember the model), but the 4 cylinder, 5 speed did a good job for us.
Great mileage, which was a good thing, considering the fuel prices there.
Went out to Wales, then up to Scotland for a week. Can't imagine driving my Freightliner and 53 foot trailer around that island.
If you have the time, check out Port Merion, Wales, out near Porthmadog. If you have ever seen the old BBC show "The Prisoner", that's where they filmed it.

The Hotel is very expensive, but the grounds are open to the public, for a small fee.
Edit: What the heck, as long as I'm posting a few pictures of Wales, here's another nice picture of Portmerion (A.K.A. The Village).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's not a bad looking car, considering, better than the Vauxhall lol. That was a very clean trep you had there, silver FTW!
Thanks :D, it was a great trep, regret selling it :( Just done a 2000 mile round trip to Scotland in the Corsa, wasn't too bad really, could have asked for more power, struggled to get 70mph with it fully loaded and cruise control would have been nice.

Ill be getting a Peugeot in a few months, once some cheques clear etc...

Vauxhall Wagon eh, when did you go? I'm guessing if its between 98' and 08' you got either the Vectra estate or 08' on the Insignia estate?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts