DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called today and told me they were unloading my 02 R/T off of the truck. I am going to pick it up tuesday. It feels weird to have ordered a car that i have not even seen yet. I have only seen the 02 R/T's in pictures, and on the net. Spent Mon, Tues & Wed in Atlanta, Georgia and called every dealership in the metro area. Nobody had an 02 R/T for me to look at. Chrome wheels can make or brake the look of a car. the new chrome ES wheels do nothing for me.
Oh man i cant wait.
I'll post pictures as soon as i can.

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Dont worry Jeff ,the chrome on the R/T rims this year is so nice. This is how the rims should have been from day one. The 02 R/T is the best yet IMOP. Please look over your car when you get it and let me know if we did a good job of building it for you . Take care man.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any known problem areas i should look at? I hear you are not to good in the paint booth :) Leaving today to go look at it, as long as it is outside

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
a new r/t on the ground....lucky.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Paint problem??? who told you that? No ,not any real areas to look out for , just check that all looks good in your eyes .Just be gentle on that trans I hear the clutches are not allways built top notch :p LOL -sorry I had to get that in :D

Intrepid99 - yeah ,the ES rims are sorta ok , but the chrome RT ones really are HOT.
:eek:

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: ottowrkr ]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read the paint thing one of your other posts :)
Why do some of the white Treps have the black piece between the driving lights and some do not. I like the black piece.
Dealership closed today, went to look at the car. I get it tomorrow.
Just quick pictures here. Everyone tell me what you think.

JWC's 2002 R/T Pictures

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah those Chrome ones are lookin good, I would like to see a version of my ES rims in 18". And as for the paint, I can say that its not the smoothest Ive ever seen it, this is only on small part of my rear bumper.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Jeff - very nice! I also like the chrome R/T rims, ahem, if only there was some way to get them. Poor me, I have the painted rims ... but they do look nicer than most factory painted rims. To tell the truth, for me I prefer the painted but the chrome looks soooo good. BUT, I too like the black area in the front fog light area, so I have that at least! I guess Otto has been working so hard that he forgot what he said about not being so good at painting and welding. :) Hope you are as happy with your R/T as I am with mine.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Lookin' good, jwc!! :D

My only gripe with the Intrepid's is the insurance. Full coverage is bad enough on my base model, so I can just imagine how much it is for your R/T.

Very nice car, though! Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will only have 2 Treps for a month or two. I had to order this one before the interest rates ran out, the 7/100 sealed it though. Is the black area painted, or a piece? Will it fit on the 02's if it is a piece :confused:
I have always loved the R/T rims, i wasn't sure i would like the chrome ones until this came in. I would have been happy with either though. I was just waiting for the overhead deal on R/T's didn't think to put one in myself. :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My first was a used 95 ES that i got rid of, previous owner was hard on it, lots of noises and rattles. But i loved the looks!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NO WAY!!! they always sneak on the plate frame, but i told my dealer (this is my 4th new car, and 2 others from family members) that if it has a dealer sticker, i wont take it. I dont advertise for free, but if i like the service i get, i will brag about the dealership.
I hear that they have extended the special interest rates till January.
Anyone know about the black piece between the driving lights? I want one. Can i blackmail my dealer in to putting one on before i will pick it up?
Click here to check out my car- it still needs preped

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HEY LOOK EVERYONE, I'M A SENIOR MEMBER NOW :cool:
:D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Dam i wanted crome rims on my 2000 red R/T. The sliver one`s are ok but the crome ones are great looking. Great looking R/T, have`nt seen a white one before on the street only at the dealerships.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts