DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if there is some way possible to burn the videos I downloaded from itunes to a dvd, please let me know if there is some converter out there that convert the files into a file that can be burned onto a dvd
thanks guys!

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
For those of us who aren't familiar with what format iTunes videos are in when they are downloaded, please enlighten us.

I know that mpeg4 is one format that the iPod plays, but I just don't know if that's the format they download in since I've never downloaded anything from iTunes for the iPod.

Knowing the format might help us figure out how to convert them.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is Mpeg4, but it has to be played on an authorized computer, which mine is, but i dont know if they have some kind of protection on them or something. I was asking incase someone else on here has done it and knows how it's done.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Try DVD Santa (it's free to download the trial version, $19.99 for the full). The trial will put a banner on about the first minute of the DVD but after that it's clear.

I know DVD santa will convert Mpeg and WMV files into DVD structure (VIDEO TS and AUDIO TS), not sure about mpeg4 but you can try it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DVD santa did not work.
all programs I download say taht they cannot open the file!

·
Registered
686 Posts
All I can say then is try doing a google search for converting MPEG4 files to DVD.

you might hit on a conversion program.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope, none of those would do it, but after researching the file some more, i found out that it is an M4V file not MPEG 4

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is an MP4 with DRM protection. They can only be opened on an ipod or with itunes. They can't be converted to anything else as a result.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
ACDaze said:
It is an MP4 with DRM protection. They can only be opened on an ipod or with itunes. They can't be converted to anything else as a result.
I think the threadstarter suspected as much. I bet he was just wondering if someone knew of a program that *could* do it.

Just like some DVDs have copyright protections that aren't supposed to be copy-able (e.g. Sony's Arrcos(sp?)), but that doesn't mean that there aren't programs out there that can't overcome the protection.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
ACDaze said:
Yup, same thing with iTunes song downloads. First they make you pay for it, then they restrict how you use it and they wonder why people would rather pirate music.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
......which is why I don't buy anything from the iTunes music store......all I use that store for is to find free Podcasts.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You guys are going at it all wrong itunes mp4 = crap imo so what you do is use itunes to burn it to a rewriteable dvd then eject the cd and put it back in go into your settings and convert to mp3 then you go and select the music/movie from the cd and right click on it and select convert to mp3 ala your done no more protection thus giving you the ability to share music from all ipods

If you need further help send me a pm and ill write down the exact steps for using itunes against its self. tho in 29,000 songs that i have on dvd for the car i havent had one problem yet

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Code2medic said:
You guys are going at it all wrong itunes mp4 = crap imo so what you do is use itunes to burn it to a rewriteable dvd then eject the cd and put it back in go into your settings and convert to mp3 then you go and select the music/movie from the cd and right click on it and select convert to mp3 ala your done no more protection thus giving you the ability to share music from all ipods

If you need further help send me a pm and ill write down the exact steps for using itunes against its self. tho in 29,000 songs that i have on dvd for the car i havent had one problem yet
Umm, I think you are misunderstanding this thread. Seems like the threadstarter wants to convert videos that he has downloaded from iTunes and try to convert them into actual DVD's. It has nothing to do with burning songs onto a dvd disc as data files.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts