DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jacobs has now introduced their DIS system for the trep. Supposed to be able to hook up in like 30 min (not including plug wires). Give you 10-15% hp, torque, and mpg increase. All for the grand total of 750 or so including $125 plug wires. Ordered the wires to lock me in at that price for 6 mos. Hoping to get the rest soon. Will be 900 after intro offer. It is not on their website but call their 800 number and ask for Doc ? get back with his full name. Website is web page
800 number is there. My wires come Monday. Iam replacing those, the plug tubes, putting Autolite platinums, in, and a set of valve cover gaskets hopefully will be back together for Tuesday drag night. Boss with Probe wqants to race.

·
Registered
560 Posts
where'd you get those performance #'s from? does this box really boast a power increase at all?
i went to the jacobs site, didnt say much...but let us know how it all comes out! good luck....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dude, if they're for real, that'll put a stock 1st gen from 214hp to 245! Add in any other work you've done and you'd be looking real close to about 260-270hp! (fig's using 15%)

Only thing I'd consider is the Autolite plugs. Go for the NGK's personally. They seem to be a higher quality plug.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jacobs recommends Autolites, that is probably why he is putting autolites in. That sure is a lot of $ching$ for DIS. If you don't see the 10-15 percent increases, will they take the system back? Let us know how it turns out, take pictures. ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the wires cut .3 off 1\4 mile time and 2 mph faster.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: jnutz ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts