DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just bought a pair of HyperAmber 3157's and installed them (with load equalizers - Thanks JoeKD for the build-your-own tips) in the front directionalls/parking lights and I am very disappointed! I guess I was expecting them to light up the whole damn garage. They actually look dimmer than the stock 3157's. Tried them in the rear too and same thing. They didn't light up the housing as much as the bulbs. So tell me, what is the big deal? :confused:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
they have very directional light. Regular bulbs have undirectional light that uses the mirrors in the housings to appear brighter. But your LEDS don't do that, they focus the light more straight on. You can sand the very top of the leds a little bit to make them disperse light more rather than focus it so much.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
If you don't like them, you can always sell them......to me :)

PM me if interested, I am :)

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already installed them and the load equalizers. I don't want to go through the hassle of taking them out and selling them. I'm just not impreessed. After seeing them in the rear, through the lenses, I definitely won't spend the money for the rears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts