DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really know if this is the right spot for this... the description of the general forum includes "damiler-chrysler", and this is DC related, so here goes.

Does anyone have any experience with the 1999-2004 model year Jeep Grand Cherokees (I believe they are the WJ), particularly the limiteds with the 4.7L V8? Anything to watch out for? Anything that you really liked? Let me know all about it. I might look Laredo's with the 4L I6 if they have leather. I know that engine is strong.

Both my sister and dad recently bought 2005 Wranglers, and they seem pretty well built, nothing wrong yet after more than 5,000 miles on each.

I think I might want a SUV.... I know, I know... V8 SUV = <15 mpg in the city, but I don't really do much driving as it is, and I miss riding high off the ground (used to have an 85 Cherokee and it was fun).

So if you have any info on these vehicles, I'd like to hear about it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My dad has a 99 GC Limited it's a really nice vehicle, we've gone off-roading just about everywhere with it and it has had no problems doing that it also has plenty of power and is pretty quick off the line. I do know that the 99's have had lots of problems so I would go with an 00 or up because I think most of the problems with the brakes and stuff were fixed in those years.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Go with an '02 or newer, and get a Limited. If you get a Limited, you get ATC standard. Keep your eye out for the Overland Edition too, then you get a sweet interior package and more powerful engine as well.

·
Registered
851 Posts
tires you get with them aside, they are really good offroading, not rock climbing mind you, but just your run of the mill thrashing on the farm. i like the seats and i think they exibit a decent ride for an suv on the road. i would deffinately recomend one over a same year explorer. its nice to have the v8 but the v6 works fine and im sure youll get better mpg. i think go with the higher end 4wd package, i cant remember, umm quadra drive 2??

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
buffalo r/t said:
i think go with the higher end 4wd package, i cant remember, umm quadra drive 2??
It's not just a bunch of bullshit. QuadraDrive is some pretty fancy stuff.
All Quadradrive needs is one wheel to be on the ground and it will drive forward.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man, this was a lot to wake up to! Thanks for all the info guys. I know these are very capable vehicles, but I won't be doing any serious off-roading at all, maybe just some mild stuff. I'd really like a limited too, but if I can find a better deal on a Laredo in my price range, then I'd probably jump on that.

mlk: I'm gonna check out thoes sites later today... I was looking around at wjjeeps.com last night and found a bunch of info.

Bus: I like the 99+ body style better, but getting like a 98 Limited with the 5.9L would be pretty sweet.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
ltrain01rt said:
Man, this was a lot to wake up to! Thanks for all the info guys. I know these are very capable vehicles, but I won't be doing any serious off-roading at all, maybe just some mild stuff. I'd really like a limited too, but if I can find a better deal on a Laredo in my price range, then I'd probably jump on that.

mlk: I'm gonna check out thoes sites later today... I was looking around at wjjeeps.com last night and found a bunch of info.

Bus: I like the 99+ body style better, but getting like a 98 Limited with the 5.9L would be pretty sweet.
We had a '97 Limited 5.2L, absolutely loved that thing... black cherry metallic with charcoal leather, loaded up... a joy to drive and great looks and proportions IMHO. Can still find some nice ones around...

·
Registered
851 Posts
jfsram said:
It's not just a bunch of bullshit. QuadraDrive is some pretty fancy stuff.
All Quadradrive needs is one wheel to be on the ground and it will drive forward.
it would have been nice if they made the intrepids with quadra drive or any kind of awd for that matter.

i recently saw a 300c hemi awd, are they making a charger r/t awd in the future?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.