DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Geez, he's been saying for the past few weeks he wasn't going anywhere.

I guess it was in the works all along. He's a good driver. Got a cute wife,too.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The 99 team didn't get much support because they didn't have a sponsor.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Crappy thing is they did have a sponser in Crown Royale that wanted to sponser them but Nascar said they would have no hard liquor sponsers on a car. That is screwed up in itself since Crown Royale is one of the sponsers at about half of the Nascar tracks. Just Nascar being hypocritical again. Secondly, I can't believe that Rousch, as prominent as he is, couldn't find a regular sponser for the car. I think he was just giving up on the whole team and concentrating on his golden driver Kenseth and Martin.

Last year my friend and I thought Burton would be a good fill for RCR in one of his cars and I am happy to see it finally happen. Hopefully Childress will give him a good crew and Jeff can win some races for him. :bgtup:

Of course since I collect diecast cars and most of them are RCR and DEI cars I will have to make room for some #30 cars now(that should make the wife happy)

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Jeff will do well, he's too good a driver not to.

As far as Nascar and Crown, well like most things Nascar does these days it really doesn't always make sense. They'll be using Carl Edwards from the truck series to take over Jeff's ride for Rousch. He's starting today at Watkins Glen. What a place to make your first start.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moparpartsguy said:
Crappy thing is they did have a sponser in Crown Royale that wanted to sponser them but Nascar said they would have no hard liquor sponsers on a car. That is screwed up in itself since Crown Royale is one of the sponsers at about half of the Nascar tracks. Just Nascar being hypocritical again. Secondly, I can't believe that Rousch, as prominent as he is, couldn't find a regular sponser for the car. I think he was just giving up on the whole team and concentrating on his golden driver Kenseth and Martin.

Last year my friend and I thought Burton would be a good fill for RCR in one of his cars and I am happy to see it finally happen. Hopefully Childress will give him a good crew and Jeff can win some races for him. :bgtup:

Of course since I collect diecast cars and most of them are RCR and DEI cars I will have to make room for some #30 cars now(that should make the wife happy)
i collect diecast cars too...the game room is full of them...i have about 400 lol, any way id really like to see jeff do well in the #30 car, hes a really nice guy and deserves to have good runs and go for the championship next year

1 - 6 of 6 Posts