DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here in ny long island were at $2.95 a gallon. i say we will hit $5 by august-september ish. will definitly drive less this summer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Warlord187 said:
We are not going to hit $5. We will hit around $3.65, than drop to just above $3. Just like $2 was the floor last year, $3 will be the new floor this year.
ethier way....lol gas prices are bad.....i just recently moved...i have to drive twice the distance i used to,too get to school and work.its horriable.....its like 2.76(cheapest)...in south texas....wtf...isnt there alot of refinerys and stuff down here?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Stop complaining ;)

$1.06 right now per litre!!! 3.76 litres per gallon......around $4 a gallon, figure in exchange at 15%.....$3.40 US/gallon

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I pay 2.59 for Mid-Grade at the Chevron down the street where I live.:smile-l:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
lucky bastard, i paid 2.80 for a gallon for regular and thats the cheapest ive found it :(

·
Registered
532 Posts
We need to wake up tomorrow and have 87 octane at $5.00. That’s the only way things will change. It needs to get so high that people don’t / can’t go anywhere and even better if the truck companies stop buying fuel. It has to paralyze the country before anything will happen but they will keep conditioning the us idiot consumers, slowly, to think that 2.xx is not that bad then it will be 3.xx is not that bad etc.
Just chaps my ass.

They say not to buy gas from Exxon/Mobil in protest because they are the biggest and everyone else will follow suit. Does anyone know what gas stations are supplied by Exxon/Mobil? I'd stop buying it from those if I knew which ones and if I knew it would make a difference.
We all have to work as a collective on this and it’s not going to happen, yet.

If buying gas from the small(er) guys would help then a list of stations needs to be compiled and sent via email to people. It’s not going to work just saying not to buy gas from the big guys or Exxon Mobile.

The customer and market should set the price not some Arab pulling a camel on the other side of the world and not a group of overpaid multimillionaire board execs at the oil companies here in the USA.

Dammit this pisses me off!

-GB49

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I don't care if I got to pay $3.50 to $4.00 a gal. I'm still going to drive. I'm just glad that I don't own one of those gas hog SUV's that everyone's got.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It’s the principle of it. They have us by the balls and they know it.
If a butterfly passes gas down in the Amazon thats excuse enough to jack up the gas for a week or so.
I don’t like getting yoinked around like that.

Someone out there has to come up w/ some other type of energy that is practical and reasonably easy and cheap to produce in mass quantities so everyone can use it.

Until then I'll be going easy on the old throttle.

-GB49

·
Registered
750 Posts
ya knwo not to be an ass but the comment bout the trucking companys got me pissed. over the last months deisel has been alot more expensive than gasoline. so these 2.80 unleaded ive been paying that for deisel for the last couple of months so stop bitching. its only been recently that they have equaled out. and the reason its ogign up is noone is complaining now like they did when it first went up but as long as the governement and our oil president are getting richer nothing is going to change

·
Registered
532 Posts
Diesel is more expensive. We have a VW Jetta TDI and I hate filling that thing up. Luckily it gets 52mpg. Wish my Trep got that.

I don’t know why have jack it up higher. I heard that diesel is a byproduct of gas. I don’t know if that’s true but what a screw either way.

-GB49

·
Registered
891 Posts
These gas prices are getting out of hand. The way they screw with you into being grateful that the prices have dropped a little after going up a lot is enough to make you go crazy. When I first got my license the gas prices had dropped to $0.96 a gallon, and now regular is two and a half times that and rising rapidly, and it’s only been about 7 years. If it keeps going at just the average rate of past roughly 7 years by the time I’m at retirement age it will be narrowing down on $200 to fill the tank of the Intrepid (don’t say that I won’t have the Intrepid at that point because I already know I wont). The worst part is that if prices keep increasing the way they have in the past couple years, everyone will have to invest in a bike pretty soon After all the average wage in America hasn’t been keeping up with the additional costs of simply getting to our jobs, and especially here in Montana there aren’t a lot of alternate ways of getting around like commuter trains, buses, etc.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
someone come up with a car that runs on PISS. dont laugh think about it. we produce it constantly all day. It has a ton of acid in it right. Well all we have to do is bottle it. Awesome idea i think. Wont have to drive to a pump again and **** the governement. wont have to worry about charging a car on a hybrid and waste electric from the house. i think the piss idea is the best way to go.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Biodiesel is the way to go! And you can make it at home... I saw a post about it somewhere... I'll see if I can't find it again...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have trouble getting upset over the gas prices. I remember when I first got my license back in 1984, it was $1.25/gallon or so and I was driving a 1975 Gran Prix that got about 11 mpg.

Figuring for inflation, I figure I'm still paying less or about the same as I was then, so why complain?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts