DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey man you said you took off the muffler but still have the resonator right?
Does it sound good and/or does it do anything to the performance at all, mpg stuff like such?
thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
i dont know about anybody else, but i took off my muffler, and resonator. It sounds loud as crap, it sounds pretty cool though. it kinda sounds like a porche 911 turbo to me. any way, it hasnt affected MY gas mileage any(says the electronic gas mileage gauge)i dont know if improved anything performance wise either though---

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Go listen to Rarewolf's sound clips in the member pics section. That's what a 3.5L sounds like with no muffler and the resonator left on. I have no mufflers on my setup. It sounds sweet but is really loud. You will have alot of interior resonance.

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is the interior resonance affect the stereo, is it reall noticable and annoying or what? I am thinking about removing the muffler and putting 2 90 degree bends in there instead. i jsut wasnt sure how loud it was going to be and what the positives and negatives are of it.would it be possible if at all that JNUTZ, could get a sound recording from the outside of the car and the interior. thanks alot

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry been busy for a while. When idling not overly noticeable, when driving down the highway it is got a little rumble, open it up and you turn a head or two. From outside it sounds louder than normal at an idle crackles when punched. Do not know if I can do a sound clip with my computer or not.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thats cool, is there a drop in anything at all? like MPG or backpressure(thats a given) but could you possibly get pics of the underside of the car? but let me get it straight- you took out the thing under tha backseats (muffler) got rid of it and then put in 2 90 degree bends in instead? does it look like this: pipe off CC to first elbow, 2nd elbow welded to 1st to form an S without the bottom part? or someone recommended drilling holes in the muffler,

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes I took off the muffler (not the resonator). I took 2 90 elbows, but did not weld just muffler clamped them in. The only deal is to make sure you do it so you still have that hanger at the back of the S and you might want to rig another. I did not keep it in mine and it clunks from the torque when I nail it in gear. Did not loose much low end, MPG not sure about the same +-1-2mpg. Will try to get pic's because I have to get the beast in the air to check out the rear end from an accident a while back that I am going to fix myself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the elbows will clunk if not secured, is that what your saying?, also honestly do you think i should do this mod, i mean is it goiing to sound way too loud or is it just noticable until you punch it-is it way awesome or just a decent mod? because i think i am going to do it, also whered you get the elbows and how long are they and size etc.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey can i get some feedback JNUTZ thanks

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey sorry if I am not at your every beckoned whim. I unlkike some cannot be playing on the net every day. I have work , school, and even when I am off I have to be getting caught up on work. So I get to look here once every other day ar so. I do get to check my email more so if youwant a quicker answer try that. But anyway I wopuld do it to mine. But if you do it yourself make sure everything lines up properly. Also, I used 2 2 1/2" staandard elbows. They can be found at any auto store. If you are going to clamp them you will need to relocate the hanger after the muffler. If this is not there when you accelerate the exhaust will shift and clunk on the frame. No damage, but annoying as all get out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts