DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
he would have had a win today if Tony Stewart wasn't blocking with everything he had so he could see his teammate win a race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I dont like Stewart. Although I think his attitude has gotten a little better this past year. I just wish JR would get some good luck for a change. He has more determination than any other driver and bad things out of his controll keep happening to him. He has more money for two lifetimes and he still gives it everything he has got. you have to respect that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
he would have had a win today if Tony Stewart wasn't blocking with everything he had so he could see his teammate win a race.

Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
I never claimed there was anything wrong with teamates working together. As a matter of fact I enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
At first I was shocked that Tony would block for his teammate, but then I figured it wasn't a points race so what the hell. It was nice to see Hamlin get the win though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,207 Posts
adaptabl said:
Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
I agree with you 110%. :biggthump
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adaptabl said:
Thats what teammates are for. If Jr. was any good he would of found a way to "move" Tony over. Jr. is just an average driver in good equipment.
Jr is not as physical as some of the other drivers. I think that might be why he is not up there with them. Maybe he should watch some tapes of his father for some pointers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
CAZ97 said:
Jr is not as physical as some of the other drivers. I think that might be why he is not up there with them. Maybe he should watch some tapes of his father for some pointers.

Yes, His father was a very dirty driver. He would be parked trying to drive like that today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,145 Posts
adaptabl said:
Yes, His father was a very dirty driver. He would be parked trying to drive like that today.
his father was one of the best drivers in all of nascar, and if DE hadnt died then none of the changes would have taken place, nor do i think he would be parked today, but whatever, i rarely agree with you adapt but you are entitled to your opinion

i do agree that Tony had every right to protect his teammate, and though i do like JR a lot and i agree he has had bad luck, i dont think he is quite as good as his father (who in my opinion was THE best ever)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sneke_eyez said:
his father was one of the best drivers in all of nascar, and if DE hadnt died then none of the changes would have taken place, nor do i think he would be parked today, but whatever, i rarely agree with you adapt but you are entitled to your opinion

i do agree that Tony had every right to protect his teammate, and though i do like JR a lot and i agree he has had bad luck, i dont think he is quite as good as his father (who in my opinion was THE best ever)
well said
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,652 Posts
Dale senior would have won alot more races if he didn't wreck as much. For every race he won by wrecking someone he lost a bunch more by doing the same. Petty is the best and 200 wins and seven championships prove it. He won on the beach, dirt, asphalt, concrete, convertibles. drag racing etc. Taking nothing away from Senior but Petty is the King.

Now if the current organization could turn it around. They looked pretty good yesterday with Labonte running so strong (Kyle did too).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
moparman said:
Dale senior would have won alot more races if he didn't wreck as much. For every race he won by wrecking someone he lost a bunch more by doing the same. Petty is the best and 200 wins and seven championships prove it. He won on the beach, dirt, asphalt, concrete, convertibles. drag racing etc. Taking nothing away from Senior but Petty is the King.

Now if the current organization could turn it around. They looked pretty good yesterday with Labonte running so strong (Kyle did too).
NASCAR WINSTON CUP RECORD
Dale Earnhardt 1975-2001
Starts: 676
wins: 76
top 5: 281
top 10: 428
poles: 22
championship: 7
career winnings: $42,203,001

Richard Petty 1958-1992
starts: 1184
wins: 200
top 5: 555
top 10: 712
poles: 126
championship: 7
career winnings: $8,541,218

True if you go by the numbers Petty has more wins, but if Sr lived to race the same amount of years he proably would have won at least more champioinships. Maybe not more races. I guess petty will always be known as king because he was pretty much the first to do it all. Suprisingly Jeff Gordon is not far behind both of them and he has a lot of years left. There might be a new sheriff in town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,362 Posts
CAZ97 said:
True if you go by the numbers Petty has more wins, but if Sr lived to race the same amount of years he proably would have won at least more champioinships. Maybe not more races. I guess petty will always be known as king because he was pretty much the first to do it all. Suprisingly Jeff Gordon is not far behind both of them and he has a lot of years left. There might be a new sheriff in town.
I'm one of the biggest Earnhardt Sr fans on the planet and even I have to disagree with you. His years of winning championships were probably behind him by the time of his death. He may have won some more races but i doubt he would have ever crossed the 100 win barrier. Gordon may break Sr.'s win total but I'd be willing to bet the 7 championships will stay in tact.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top