DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Just need to put a pin through the strap at the door pillar?
On my car, the strap (as I call it) bolts to the door pillar. Just have to get a pic to better describe it.

I got the torx bolt that goes in there, but the issue is the strap (as I call it - The metal bar that keeps the door from swinging open 2 far) is not wanting to come out of it's current position in the door so that I can bolt it back up to the door pillar. It is stuck in the door closed position..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
Cean, this is what the part I am talking about (What I call a check strap). it is that solid bar that from from the door and has that hook piece on it. There really is nothing wrong with having extra parts laying around just in case something goes wrong :D..

It just looks like all I have to do is remove the door panel, then remove the 2 torx bolts holding it to the door, and remove from the inside of the door. I know it looks dirty in there, because where I live, it is hard to even keep that area clean :glum:

Well of course I need to replace the door anyways because I never got one when I got all the parts to fix the car (Did not have the $$$ to get one). I could possibly undent the door (there is only 1 dent and an area I need to unbend), but it looks like it will take some time to do. There is still some tweaking that I have to do on the fender to get it 100% correct as you can see in the picture below, but it does look possible to fix the door without replacing it (IMO of course).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I have done a little bit more work to the car this morning / afternoon but nothing major due to having to deal with tonights supper, having to rest so that I can take my sister to work tonight (Don't ask :glum:), but here is a little bit of the progress that I have done.

STARTED OFF WITH THIS:

GOT THIS PANEL INSTALLED (It was already there, but the clips were broken - I fixed that :D)

FINALLY GETTING THE WIRING RE-RAN FOR THE LIGHTS:

Once I get the headliner redone, it is going in there, and the wiring is going back to where it was at and that was just sitting on top of the headliner (weird)..

Of course just a random photo I took this morning while I was trying to get my crappy 7.1 MP camera up and going:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still sorting through photos to get the ones for the rebuild in order (I got to many pictures on my SD card) and prep them for uploading.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I just wished the weather today was like this yesterday, and the ground was dry as it is now. It was still a little muddy when I went out yesterday to work on the car, and had to scrap off a lot of mud from my shoes before I came into the house.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
That check strap is really two straps held together at the bracket that bolts to the door pillar, and then inside the door at the internal stop. You may be able to soak it in solvent to get it to loosen up.

I'll go pull one for ya.

As for the door - I SERIOUSLY don't think you'll get very far in trying to fix that door - You'd be money and labor ahead to just replace it.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
That check strap is really two straps held together at the bracket that bolts to the door pillar, and then inside the door at the internal stop. You may be able to soak it in solvent to get it to loosen up.

I'll go pull one for ya.

As for the door - I SERIOUSLY don't think you'll get very far in trying to fix that door - You'd be money and labor ahead to just replace it.
That is what I was thinking about the door, i just have to call a couple of yard around here to see how much they would want for one.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
I have yet to figure it out, but i still find this picture funny as all can get out..

It looks like the C-3500 is guarding the rear-end of the Trep, and it looks like it is saying, Don't worry I am watching your back door, so nobody will mess with you :D

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I went to get a copy of my key made, and the only place that makes key copies in my town is Wal-Mart. Of course when I said it was for my Dodge Intrepid, the first thing that is asked is the key chipped. After she went to see what blank is needed, she looked for it, and came back stating that they were out of the blanks and will not have any for a few days.

I was like great, but since I would be at another Wal-Mart later in the day (Night time) I would go and get one there if they have the blanks. I have not went to see if they have any of the blanks or not yet because there is nobody in that department this time of the night. I will check first thing in the morning to see if they might happen to have one and can copy my key.

When Sears came into my town and took over a place that I use to buy parts from, they stopped making copies of keys.

Of course I know when I get the copy made, I may have some issues with it at first because the original key that I got with the car is worn down (As so I am told)

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Ah yes more work to do to the car...

I went outside earlier to start the S-10 to let it warm up, and I noticed something flashing, and at first I thought the house was on fire. I looked at the house and it was fine, but noticed the hazards on the trep was on.

I immediately went over and turned them off, but now the battery is drained to the point where there is not enough to crank the car. I got to get the charger out after it in the morning and recharge the battery.

I have noticed that here recently that I have to fiddle with the hazards button to make them go off when it decides to pop up by itself. I am going to have to look into the switch and see what might be causing the issue..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
It is a bad multi-function switch. You'll need to replace it, or try to put a switch inline with the multi-function switch. I may have one I can send your way.
If you do have one and send it my way, I would be greatful. It is annoying as hell when you are doing something and the button just pops up without touching it.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
When I finally got up after the last phone call, I went and checked the mail, and then went to work on the car. I did not get much done to it since I could not locate one of my torx bits, but I did get manage to fix the hazard switch for now.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
There will be no trouble making the copy with it worn down or not - the only difference would be if the original key works or not. If it works, that's all that maters.
The main reasons I need a spare key for the car is so that if I accidently lock my main keys in the car, I can start the car when I do not feel like carrying my main set of keys around.

The original keys works great in the car still, and I do not think I will have an issue with the copy when I get it made if the trep is anything like my S-10.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
The weather here in Mississippi has not been kind to the paint on my car. This is what I see on the rear of the car..

I have my work cut out for me when I get around to repainting the car..

This is a better view of the damage I caused to the rear bumper when I mistakenly went to far in reverse and smacked into the grader blade..

Right now all I can do is dream. Dream that this car is 100% complete and looking excellent, but for now, I got to give it a bath to clean it up a little.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Air restrictor that I have heard on here to remove, is it that black plastic thing that is inside the flexible hose that runs to the throttle bodies that are on the car?

**EDIT**

I just can't help but notice the white rectangle deal on the tire that you see pictured. I have no idea what it is and it will not come off..

81 - 100 of 294 Posts