DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

121 - 140 of 294 Posts

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I am just surprised that my original lug nuts actually fit with those hubcaps.

Hopefully tomorrow be miracle that I find my camcorder again (It is old but still works) and get the battery recharged on it, that I can get some videos with sound of this car..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Even though I posted this over in the whore thread, here it is again.

That plate is for the trep and did not come off my S-10 or my C-3500. I could not even use the C-3500 plate because it is an F-10 Plate and the cops would definately pull me over and give me a ticket.

I do have the original uncut picture showing the full plate with the letters and numbers..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
like what?
I still have to run it to town to get the inspection sticker ($5 for the sticker) on it, and then run it for a while at Highway speeds to make sure the trans is not going to fail, Suspension (Mostly tested already).

I seriously doubt that it is going to have an issue with the car, but if something does go wrong, i would rather have it break down here than somewhere on the road.

I got to load up the gas can into the bed of my truck, and when I am coming back through town in the morning, stop by the gas station and get some fuel for the car. 5 gallons would last a while in the car.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Longer than the trucks anyway!
???

I know that the S-10 has not left me stranded, and I hope that the trep does not as well.

Once I give the trep a little run time, I may run it over to the boneyard and see if they have what I need from there, and that is the cowl. My car still does not have one on it..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Cowl - you mean around the wipers?

I was saying that 5 gallons of gas will last you much longer in the Trep than in either of the trucks.
Yeah, the black plastic piece that goes around the wipers to keep debris out of the fresh air intake.

I now understand what you meant my longer than the trucks. 5 gallons of gas in the S-10 (4 cyl engine) can almost get me 2 trips to and from Tupelo, but I am hoping the trep gets better.

I have been pushing heavily to get the trep up and going so that I can take the S-10 down for some a much needed maintenance, and have more room to stretch out..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Man does my camera take crappy night pictures, even if it is set to the correct mode. I need to get another battery for the NIKON camera, but that is on a list of things on hold again..

Here is a night shot, with just the parking lamps on. It looks like the brake lights are on, but they actually are not...

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
If you guys actually knew what the plate letters and numbers were, you guys would probably laugh at me. Before anyone asks, it is not a Custom Plate, it is just one the Tag office grabbed off the shelf..

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #135 (Edited)
What kinda NIKON is it, John?
The NIKON I have is a CoolPix 880. It is an older camera that my dad bought new several years ago (Was his until he passed away) but it takes excellent quality photos, and It takes the 2CR5 battery.

I know there is a rechargeable battery for it (EN-EL1) for it as well, but that thing is expensive.

**EDIT**

The Digital Camera's that I have are:
Nikon CoolPix 880 - 3.3MP - just needs a battery
SAKAR - Digital Concepts - 7.1MP - Cheap Crappy Camera bought from Wal-Mart

If I were to take the same photo with both camera's the NIKON would win hands down.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Wow, I'd go out and buy a decent camera. Something with an internal battery that is rechargeable via USB - I think you'd be shocked at what you can get - granted, this takes money (not a hole ton)...

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Life is fun when it wants to be. When I got up this afternoon, and after cooking supper, I went and dumped the 5 gallons of gas into the car.

This is where it sits now on the fuel gauge:

Then I got the bright idea to screw around and take some random photos, and videos at dusk (Close to being dark)...

With Turn Signal Off:

With Turn Signal On:

Now some shots at the IP cluster and others:

Here it is at idle. Looks to be idling at 650 RPM's:

Here are the videos:​

Lights Dimming Out

Code Checks

Engine Off, Turns working (I think I may need pull the wiring diagram on this):

--------------------------------------------------------------
There will be more pics to come when I get around to taking it out on the Highway..

121 - 140 of 294 Posts