DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a sad day indeed. In light of a little snafu between me, the insurance company, and everyone's favorite government agency, the dmv, I regret to anncounce i have been forced to turn in my plates for a total of 22 days. What makes it worse is that not only is my intrepid off the road, but they tell me I can put it back on the road on the 25th of january. No big deal?? Check a calender, the 25th is a sunday!! They're CLosed on sundays!! No plates on sunday!

Do they not let the pain ever end????:dozeoff:

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
So what did you do? Is this because of your driving. I know in Iowa if you are caught driving without a licence they take your plates away so that you will get pulled over much easier if you don't have them.

--Gorm

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
driving with no insurance?

Ive heard of people getting ticketed for traffic related things and then when it got back to the DMV months down the road, they lost their plates for a while.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
22 days or business days?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Its kinda cool we really dont have a "dmv" here. It is run by the state, but they really dont care about traffic violations, they leave that up to the county attorney and the county dept of motor vechicals which works with the state.

--Gorm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my insurance lapsed. In new york, when there is a gap between insurance providers, even if it is a day, you have a choice of paying a fine, or save the money and turn your plates in for the same amount of time you had the gap of insurance. Mine happens to be 22 days, and since turning in the plates is MUCH cheaper than the fine, i opted for the plates. Luckily I have my gf's car and the 22 dyas are actually 22 days, not business days.

still sucks all the same though

·
Registered
383 Posts
They do almost the same thing to ya in Michigan... if you let your insurance laps, then you have to pay a higher rate for the first new policy term. Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.... people usually let their policy go becuase they can't afford it in the first place... so yea!! Put it even further out of their reach, that makes sense! I'll never understand government and insurance companies. Well, that's a lie... they have one thing in common, bleed them for all you can!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts