DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I decided to go to the junkyard, R&R auto parts, and to my amazment, there was a 1996 Eagle Vision TSI there, must have just arrived. I saw the autostick and nearly pooped my pants. So, I grabbed the TCM, which was a pain to get out because the battery had leaked acid everywhere, and I ended up smashing the battery tray with a tire iron. Got the tcm out to find its also soaked with acid. Then, I removed the shifter and bezel. The vision had the rare blue interior, mine is grey. But I figured I'd get the shifter plate anyway. After snipping the interlock cable and fighting with stubborn bolts I got it out, then the cluster. Its about 91 degrees out so I was sweating like a pig, I hiked down to the office, expecting to get a good deal, as they've always given me good deals in the past. Get in the office, Miss. Lupe no bueno ***** says, $75.00 for the TCM, $60.00 for the guage cluster, $25.00 for the bezel and $35.00 for the shifter. Okay, that shocked me, and after being in the hot sun pulling the crap, and sweating a pool, I told her up the road at Pull-a-Part, I can get a TCM for 10 bucks, guage cluster for $15 and the rest of the crap for under ten. She says in very poor english "we not pull a part, you pay these prices". yeah, right. I'd only be able to use the shifter, as I'm not too crazy about the vision cluster and the bezel was blue. Not to mention the acid soaked TCM that had 223K on it. I tell her I don't want the crap, and she tries to stick me with a $15.00 restocking fee or I can go put the crap back in the car I took it out of. Since the chryslers are in the far back of the yard, I just dumped the crap in the first car I came to, threw it right through the back windsheild and walked out of that dump.

I'll stick with pull-a-part from now on.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Ah, good old junkyards. They always try to rip you off one way or another. I'll be going to the junkyard this weekend sometime as well.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could probabily sneak in to the yard and steal..err..borrow the stuff. There is a huge hole in the fence, but it's sorrounded by ghetto apartments and housing. I'm afraid if I go in to the yard, I'll come out and my car will be gone.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was talking to my buddy, who lives in the area, and the police station is down the road and many cops go down the road where the open hole in the fence is (they are Intrepid cop cars, you think they'll encourage illegal modification supply stealing?) I guess I'd rather not break in. I'll just go later in the week when the potheads are working there and give me a good deal, as they have done in the past. I'll probabily just get the shifter assembly. I'll get the TCM, cluster and bezel later on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts