DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I want something to clean the interior with, just clean, not shine. I know a lot of you recommend Natural Shine by Meguiar’s but I don’t want any shine, I just want something I can spray on and wipe off or even in wipe form to clean. I got some Meg’s Quick Detailer but it looks too complicated so I’m going to take it back. I used to use Armor All cleaning wipes but I see you all don’t recommend that either.

So is the Natural Shine my best option? I'll take some shine if I have to even though I don't want it. But is it a spray on wipe off kind of thing?

I appreciate any input!

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
I just use a bucket of water and a rag, and go behind that with a dry towl. I try not to use any chemicals on my int. picies.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
one of those handheld swiffer dusters maybe?

I use the meguires dash foam on most of the plastics on my car. It lasts a while, has a slight shine to it, and makes dust very easy to remove with a swipe of a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone, for light dust I would probably use a Swiffer but there's some gunk I need to clean, I just got the car and the dealer didn't do a very good job cleaning it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
What I found to be the best is to spray some Stoner glass cleaner on the area you want to clean. Then take a warm bucket of water and a rag and go over the area so you pick up the cleaner from the plastic. Here are some pictures of my interior.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
moparman-The Quick Detailer was too complicated for me. Like I said, I wanted a simple spray on, wipe off. The Quick Detailer was saying not to let it dry on it's own and all this stuff, too much hassle for me.

fearless-Very nice! I think I'm going to try plain water and see how that works out.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Meguiar’s No. 40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner & Protectant

http://www.properautocare.com/megsno40vinr.html

Love this stuff. It will give your interior more of a out of the factory look. The pic in my sig bellow was taken after a detailing with it. It does look shiney but the camera I was using was really crappy. The way it works is that you apply it and then buff off how much you want depending on the level of shine. In your case pretty much all of it but it will look clean and feel super nice. I have no idea what the difference is between this and there quick detailer. Probably nothing to much. But I still use this one anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should get yourself an APC (All Purpose Cleaner). It can be diluted to suit just about any job you can think of. If i don't have a dedicated cleaner for whatever it is I'm doing, I turn to my APC, this stuff is awesome.

Here's some of its uses:
-Engine bay
-Floor mats
-Dash and door panels
-Clear plastic instrument panels
-Tires and wheels
-Fender wells
-Leather
-Vinyl
-Carpet and upholstery
-Molding and trim

Specifically, here's what I have: "Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Plus D103"
$15 for a gallon that will last forever since it will always be diluted.

But, if you wanted something more specific, give 1Z Einzsett Cockpit Premium a try, that's what i use. It has great cleaning properties and a matte finish. Safe for all interior surfaces including nav screens/stereos.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've used this stuff for a few months. It's what you want. Easy on, easy off. No special instructions. Just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. http://leatherique.org/detail.aspx?ID=7

It safely cleans (deeply) and leaves a factory finish. If you have leather seating I'd highly recommend the Rejuvenation fluid as well it does wonders.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts