DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this intake isnt anything special..i know its not the greatest..

but my question is..does it connect to the TB..or soemthing else..

I dont know what its called..but ive seen an intake on here that is just metal tube where the acordian tube was..

I just want to know if this is an entire intake..

I know the main issue with this intake is that it has no heatshield and no support..but i enjoy making those kinds of things..so this intake is for me..

thanks for the help.

o yea..this is the one im talkin about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7943886625&category=38634

BTW: this guy has sold over 500 intakes and has no negitive or neutral responses..100% feedback..all positive.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know who joe is..ive been here quite awhile..i just got $200 for christmas..maybe i will get his intake..

so this one just sucks balls eh?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
i know who joe is..ive been here quite awhile..i just got $200 for christmas..maybe i will get his intake..

so this one just sucks balls eh?
Compared to Joe's, yes it does! No insulation, last elbow not bored out, etc. :)

From the looks of it this one just hooks up to the large box near the back pass side of the engine bay (don't know what it's called) it doesn't go all the way to the TB. It's a quick and simple way to get a (probably under-sized) cone filter on your car - but so is the Civic intake that LOUD98ES referred to ...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea ok..thats what i was thinkin,,if it went all the way to the tb then ok..i would have bought it..but if it doesnt..then no way..

thanks

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Joe's is definitely worth the money. K&N FIPK quality, for the same money pretty much, and he'll customize it to your liking.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well this is a one piece intake that connects to that thing we all have mentioned but dont know what the name is

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=9230&size=big&sort=1&cat=512

the intake i have posted is 2 pieces..so does it go tot he tb..or does that 2nd piece allow you to put the filter lower?

EDIT: Lookin at both pics i think it does go to the TB..its just too much piping not too..im gonna ask the seller..

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
The eBay one "appears" to replace the entire intake (airbox, resonator, and elbow) back to the throttle body. Can't be sure without asking the seller though... I prefer the JoeKD style intake...obviously, since I built one...since I KNOW it fits, and I have a heatshield in place. Oh, and yes, I did "bore" out the J-bend when I built my intake. :biggrin: The chrome looks nice (not sure how long it would last?), but the insulated intake with the heatshield is just the best way to go IMO.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Mine is just bent pipe from a muffler place with no heat shield or mount lol, ill need to get on that soon.

Should be ok for winter but in the summer it will get mega hot in the engine bay, ill need cooler intake air.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
In2Deep said:
The eBay one "appears" to replace the entire intake (airbox, resonator, and elbow) back to the throttle body. Can't be sure without asking the seller though... I prefer the JoeKD style intake...obviously, since I built one...since I KNOW it fits, and I have a heatshield in place. Oh, and yes, I did "bore" out the J-bend when I built my intake. :biggrin: The chrome looks nice (not sure how long it would last?), but the insulated intake with the heatshield is just the best way to go IMO.
:hmm:
If it only comes with the pieces shown then there is NO WAY it goes all the way to the TB - the best it could do is go to the rubber(?) elbow in front of the TB. Just count the elbows and straight pieces. From the TB there needs to be 2 elbows and a straight piece just to get to the pass side of the engine and pointing toward the fender. Then you'd need at least one more straight piece to get over to the fender and maybe (optional) another elbow to angle down. But there could be pieces included that aren't shown ... :dunno:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I bought this intake off of ebay and and it comes with brackets to secure/mount the intake so it doesn't flop around. The piping is also 3" in diameter and comes with a large K&N cone filter. It sure is pretty. I haven't installed it yet but it doesn't use the large black box but appears to connect to the rubber part just before the TB opening. It's too damn cold here to install anything right now. After I install it will come my Dynomax dual exhaust with chrome 3-4" tips with rolled edges! Can't wait. Someone turn up the damn heat up here! I'm also gonna see if I can get this dude who sells those intakes to send me another rubber connector and chrome piece so I can connect it directly to the TB.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I bought it..just to see how it goes..should be here fri or sat..ill put up pics

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
D76G12 said:
:hmm:
If it only comes with the pieces shown then there is NO WAY it goes all the way to the TB - the best it could do is go to the rubber(?) elbow in front of the TB. Just count the elbows and straight pieces. From the TB there needs to be 2 elbows and a straight piece just to get to the pass side of the engine and pointing toward the fender. Then you'd need at least one more straight piece to get over to the fender and maybe (optional) another elbow to angle down. But there could be pieces included that aren't shown ... :dunno:
Good point. I forget that the 3.2/3.5 has to have a little more length to get around the corner of the intake. The 2.7 (what I have) only requires a real short section of tube and a single 45 to get to the side of the motor... Sorry....I get stuck in my little 2.7 world and forget about you "big cube" boys! :biggrin: lol!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Havent got it yet..should get it tomorrow

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok..I do have the intake..Ill put it on today or def.. saturday..I like it..and its well made tooo

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
3.3's would have no problem. all we need is a straight pipe to get to the fender from the tb. joe would make some killer sales here.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts