DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share a few recent pictures of my Intrepid with some updates.

Recent upgrades include
- Drilled rotors W/ painted calipers
- Debadged
- Exhaust work (Deleted both mufflers and res, Installed Flowmaster muffler and 3.5" Slant tip)
- Brand new tires, I know they don't have the greatest rep right now but I figured I would try them out myself... so far they have great grip and comfort (Primewell 225/60ZR16)
- Tinted tail lights

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Beeble! I try to keep her looking her best! Needs a good detail ... the last wax I used didn't hold up all that long. I also love the rims on this car! pretty damn nice for stock, I get alot of people that think they are aftermarket lol :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice ride! How'd you do your tails? You need some center caps on those rims asap!

Sound clip of exhaust as well! I want to heart that puppy!
Thanks! I used Nightshade for the tail lights. Took them out, wet sanded them with 2000 grit and soapy water, cleaned them up with rubbing alcohol and made sure to dry them THOROUGHLY, then used 3 light coats of Nightshade (5min between coats, 10 min after last coat to prep for clear coats) then I used 5 coats of clear. Let them dry 24hours then I very lightly wet sanded again with 2000grit and soapy water, and used a liberal coat of rubbing compound :) as for the center caps I can only find them at the dealer so far and they want $45 a piece which is a little out of my budget right now but I will eventually get some

Exhaust vids - http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=225497 :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks! I used Nightshade for the tail lights. Took them out, wet sanded them with 2000 grit and soapy water, cleaned them up with rubbing alcohol and made sure to dry them THOROUGHLY, then used 3 light coats of Nightshade (5min between coats, 10 min after last coat to prep for clear coats) then I used 5 coats of clear. Let them dry 24hours then I very lightly wet sanded again with 2000grit and soapy water, and used a liberal coat of rubbing compound :) as for the center caps I can only find them at the dealer so far and they want $45 a piece which is a little out of my budget right now but I will eventually get some

Exhaust vids - http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=225497 :)
Thanks, looks like I already saw the exhaust vids! lol

As for the center caps, I don't know if this guy will ship to Canada but I have three of these on my chrome crusaders and they look and fit great!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370517574594?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#shId

·
Registered
496 Posts
Be cautious with those tires. I have them on the front of my Camaro (well in the 245 size) and have had them for about two years. While they are pretty good tires mine are already starting to crack. I imagine its just because they dont like the cold weather very much (I park it in the winter) but still it's kind of ridiculous. Anyway love the wheels and the rotors!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts