DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have leather seats. Do not use Armor all of any kind to treat them. The side peices are not leather. They are cracking like crazy and people are really screwing their seats up.

Ex-wife works for the seating part of Johnson cotrols and is dealing with this now. (yes I still am seeing her) :loser: But, after seeing samples brought in from where dealers are trying to get them replaced , without cost to the customers, are being told to go pound sand. Customer abuse for miss treatment of material.

Just a warning I figure I better send out. I did ask what the hell can we use. She said only the Dodge treatment the dealers sell. I said it was bullshit. But, she didn't have a better answer. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Heck, I use leather treatment on plastics (for the sunscreen and protective oils), let alone leather!

Can't see anyone using anything else on leather besides leather treatments.

Armour all! Might as well pour water and bacon fat on your interior.

Helpful info all the same though. I guess some people just don't know......

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
124 Posts
yep I use the meguires leather stuff too... seems to keep them quite nice... I remember reading in the car manual they recommend only using warm/soapy rag to clean them..

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
OneSpecialM said:
My dad just picked some of this stuff up for his beemer. I'm gonna give it a try.
Just be sure to follow the directions on their website, if you don't your results could be very different. It won't damage it or anything though...just an effectiveness scale.

--Gorm

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
hardwareguy said:
I'm using Lexol.... works great.
I clean it with their cleaner first and then use their conditioner. It isn't cheap, but it works well.

There is only a small portion of our seats that are leather, which I actually don't mind because the vinyl seems to hold up better than the leather.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i use ArmorAl leather care gel. i have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
I clean it with their cleaner first and then use their conditioner. It isn't cheap, but it works well.

There is only a small portion of our seats that are leather, which I actually don't mind because the vinyl seems to hold up better than the leather.
Ditto, clean then condition.... seats are pretty except for some cracking caused by previous owner neglect. I do the same for other leather things like shoes and jackets, it works great.

Plain Armor All sucks on leather..... I haven't tried their gel, but if it has a trace of silicone, avoid it like the plague!

·
Registered
285 Posts
01Intrepid said:
alot of people that don't know about armorall and what it has done to the dash in cars in the past and still now in the present!!!
Very true. Every time I watch Unique AutoSports and they Armor All everything I cringe. :eek:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
01_RT said:
Very true. Every time I watch Unique AutoSports and they Armor All everything I cringe. :eek:
I felt the same way when watching Pimp My Ride (for the laughs) and they would pimp Quaker State down our throats. It's like they're saying, "Well we put thousands of dollars worth of electronics in this car, and it still has the same crappy engine, but Quaker State will solve EVERYTHING!"

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner, never had a problem. Obviously, I never get it on the vinyl... I am considering dabbling with the leatherique.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That's becuase Armour All is designed for plastics and vinyl not leather.
Use a good leather conditioner for leather seats and trim.

I have used Simoniz Leather Traetment and The Tannery. Both work great

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Doesn't it say right on the Armor All bottle that it's NOT to be used on leather? I could swear it does. So anyone who uses armor all on their leather is just asking for it.

BTW, like with most cars, only the surfaces that touch your body are leather. Sides aren't, backs aren't. I don't even think the headrests are leather. That's the same thing with leather furniture. Only the surfaces that touch the body are leather, unless you're talking about the really high end leather sofas.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Doesn't it say right on the Armor All bottle that it's NOT to be used on leather? I could swear it does. So anyone who uses armor all on their leather is just asking for it.

BTW, like with most cars, only the surfaces that touch your body are leather. Sides aren't, backs aren't. I don't even think the headrests are leather. That's the same thing with leather furniture. Only the surfaces that touch the body are leather, unless you're talking about the really high end leather sofas.
i just looked at the bottle sitting next to me, it says nothing about leather. it dose say not to use on cycle seats, and it also says can be used on tires but not cycle tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts