DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car for $400, already replaced Lower control arm assembly and output sensor. As of right now I need exhaust work, alternator, and rear brake shoes(just install, already have them). There is also an electrical gremlin where my DRL's stay on as long as the battery is connected.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
NICE CAR MAN!!!!, ;), and welcome!, ;), You'll get'ur up and running in no-time w/ this site buddy!, Good Luck!, and again, CONGRATS ON YOUR BEAUTIFUL PURCHASE FOR $400.00BUCKS!!!, :) WOOHOOH!!!!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
intrepid_crazy, ha! I saw that one on sale on kijiji!(or I think I did) are you in quebec? good find, and congrats on your new trep!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I'm in Newfoundland!

I'm hoping to have it fixed soon, don't want to drive my '95 Plymouth Colt anymore with this sitting in the driveway!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those things drive great in the snow!!!!!!! You'll like it. I paid $650 for mine but all it need was a couple tires and alignment. You can't beat 'em for the prices they are going for now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats good to know, Hal. We get LOTS of snow here!!

Is that your chopped '55 Chevy in your avatar? Looks like a nice ride.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome. Nice deal for 400 bucks. I can see those Canadian winters haven't been to nice to her; mine is rusting in the same places.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
There is also an electrical gremlin where my DRL's stay on as long as the battery is connected
DRL as in Driving Lights? If so, then its supposed to do that, its a Canadian thing. I'm sure you could get rid of it by swapping the computer for a US spec one, but why bother?

Looks like you got a steal there! Very nice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is some rust in the rockers, but underneath she is solid, it's the main reason I bought it.

Yes, the Daytime Running Lights stay on..BUT even with the key out of the car, doors shut, switch off, and 30 feet away from the car the lights still stay on! Thinking about running a battery kill switch, everytime I leave the car just flick a switch and turns the power off to EVERYTHING, just to make sure!

·
Dain bramaged
7,197 Posts
have you made sure they don't stay on for 30-45 sec and turn off, treps have a feature that will keep the headlights on for 30-45 sec after you turn the car off. drove me nuts first time i activated it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was hoping that was the problem, but they stay on until the battery dies or I disconnect it, BUT if I pull the DRL fuse they STILL stay on, even pulled the headlight fuse and they stayed on. Weird crap, huh?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I was hoping that was the problem, but they stay on until the battery dies or I disconnect it, BUT if I pull the DRL fuse they STILL stay on, even pulled the headlight fuse and they stayed on. Weird crap, huh?
Time to get the volt-meter out

:beerchug:

·
Registered
37 Posts
hahaha i got the cheaper lh!!!, friends dad sold his concord to me for $200, did'nt bother making a thread about it, however I dropped it off at a garage first thing in the morning after breing it home the night before, it's getting the safety inspection , and may need alot of comfort work, 320k's made the owner sell it so low its a 94 btw, with a 3.3L it was cheaper to get this beater than to fix up the eagle i have

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same situation I'm in, it needs work but is cheaper to get the work done than the work my '95 Colt needs. (radiator, clutch, floor, wiring not workin right)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same situation I'm in, it needs work but is cheaper to get the work done than the work my '95 Colt needs. (radiator, clutch, floor, wiring not workin right)
just that??, the eagle's limping tranny led to a shot enging (hight revs) so it needs a new tranny , and engine which is stupid to get, if you want parts I'm willing to give yeh some :p it has the grey interior and , but as for shocks etc I'm puttin those on the concorde since they're new

1 - 20 of 25 Posts