DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Mustang tonight (I was driving my Dad's LHS, the R/T was sitting in garage with wax on it). He comes flying up behind me (tailgates me -of course- to the point I can't see his headlights) on a two lane road and I had a slow moving Jetta in the front. This idiot then proceeds to pull into the oncoming traffic lane and passes both of us. I looked under his rear bumper and notice a single small tailpipe (V6) so I pass the Jetta as soon as there is room. I came up on the Mustang at the point where the road opens into two lanes in each direction. I pulled into the left lane to pass and immediately the Mustang owner floors it. It didn't do any good because I passed him like he was in reverse. I think he should've bought a V8.

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: BK ]

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I used to work with a guy who had a 95 six-cyl mustang with fake duals and GT badges, he used to say he could run with me because my 5.0 LX was an 89 and since it was the old body style it was heavier and therfore slower

one day after work we met at the same stoplight and I was not in a very nice mood so I was holding half throttle and staying with him till the top of second gear, then I matted it, powershifted second and slid the rear end toward his car

funny, he never talked tough after that day

good job giving that 6-cyl driver a dose of reality

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: joekd ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That's cool. I don't like it when people buy V6 'Stangs and think they are all fast just because they drive a car that carries the "Mustang" label.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
That's cool. I don't like it when people buy V6 'Stangs and think they are all fast just because they drive a car that carries the "Mustang" label.
couldn't agree more! it may say mustang but it is only pretending unless there are all 8 cylinders under the hood

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice kill...way to know a little about cars.

although...
the 2000 and up v-6 stangs, with a manual, run high 15's. i would watch out for them.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
for a short poeroid of time a few years back, I had an 85? 86? Lx w/ a 4 cylinder....w00t!

·
Registered
560 Posts
i was suprised at the performance of the v-6 mustang...it was adequate, but...my aunt has an 01 convertible...its fun to drive, real tight around turns and firm, but you'll punch it at 10 MPH, no response at all. it refuses to downshift into 1st, takes forever to get to speed...which brings me to this kid talking crap last year, bragging his "dual-plug per cylinder" v6 mustang can run with anything...so what! its slow as hell, never got a chance to show him, but whatever...i mean, the 4 cyl motor they put into the ranger is dual plugged too, right? (at least for the 94 i knwo for sure)...what am i talking about, its all relative...v6 mustangs and camaros can duke it out with the hondas and etc...etc...and the intrepids can duke it out with everyone else...so it doesnt matter! the cup isnt half full...the cup does not exist!!! AHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA :D :D :D goddamned fever dreams and pabst...

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
yes it's dual plugged (I have a 2001 ranger that work bought for me)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Thrasher:
for a short poeroid of time a few years back, I had an 85? 86? Lx w/ a 4 cylinder....w00t!
I had an '88 LX with the 2.3L. You only need about 2 miles of open road to pass at highway speeds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts