DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a white Intrepid R/T when i parked out front of my house it was smoking can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Whats wrong? the prevoius owner.

ok ok, the more you explain the more help you'll get

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was just random steam coming out ... i didn't run it that hard so it has me baffled i'ma run hard up the freeway later and see what it does

·
Registered
946 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol Ludemilla isn't as pretty as your R/T but she will be //_^ my uncle and i think it may have just been so cleaning products burning off but i still dont have a clue. i used to live in PA btw

·
Registered
946 Posts
lol Ludemilla isn't as pretty as your R/T but she will be //_^ my uncle and i think it may have just been so cleaning products burning off but i still dont have a clue. i used to live in PA btw
Well thankyou for your compliment! Possibly could have been cleaning products maybe give it a couple of days and report back anything else you see / smell. Where abouts in PA did you live??

·
Registered
397 Posts
Uh... it was probably steaming because Intrepids are HOT! :D

Seriously though... I had an antifreeze leak once and the antifreeze was dripping onto the hot exhaust and steaming out of the louvres by the windshield wipers and around the edges of the hood. Maybe check into that?

And welcome to di.net, by the way... looking forward to seeing some pictures of your R/T.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh... it was probably steaming because Intrepids are HOT! :D

Seriously though... I had an antifreeze leak once and the antifreeze was dripping onto the hot exhaust and steaming out of the louvres by the windshield wipers and around the edges of the hood. Maybe check into that?

And welcome to di.net, by the way... looking forward to seeing some pictures of your R/T.
that may be cause that's where the steam was coming from

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
there was just random steam coming out ... i didn't run it that hard so it has me baffled i'ma run hard up the freeway later and see what it does
If theres a problem with the vehicle, Why would you want to run it hard? You shouldnt risk making the problem worse if you don't know what it is. Fix the problem first.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Was it raining? I have seen steam come out of the front of my car when I came to a stop in a rain, I presume from the rain hitting the hot radiator.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
so where is it smoking from? The exhaust pipe? What color is the smoke? If it's blue smoke, you are burning oil. White smoke could be coolant or nothing. It is cold so it's not unusal to see white smoke from condensation and stuff getting burned off. Nothing wrong there. Check your coolant make sure the coolant level is within specs and keep monitor it. If you don't see any level drop over days, you got nothing to worry about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts