DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought (and received) an overhead console from eBay. It was originally in a 98 Concorde. It has a sunglass holder and another storage compartment. It did not come with any wiring harness or anything.

My question is really two-fold. Will this fit in my car? Other than the wiring, is anything else needed? In other words, are all the sensors in place, etc?

Anyone who has any relevant information, please reply to this topic. Thanks. :)

Oh, and by the way, I paid $50 for it.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Are you sure its from a 98? because we used the long console on the first gen cars. Dont ever remember seeing this style on the new ones? If it is from a first gen ,I dont think it will work.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ya know, ottowrkr, it may very well be from a first gen because the switches for the overhead lamps are in the style of the first gen's (a separate switch instead of pushing in the light itself).

Here's a picture of it.

I'm thinking I wasted $50. :( On the other hand, I can always sell it on eBay again, I guess.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
it's first gen
maybe u can get one of the 1st gen guys to take it off yer hands.

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey hey, I want a console! cept, how hard is it to find the wiring harness? and I dont have an extra $50 right now, unless I put off getting my interior neons! ergg... well, if anyone knows how/where, and how much, to get a harness, I might be interested!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd let it go for less than $50. :)

I just want to get something for it, so it's not a total loss on my part.

$25? ;)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'll take it for $25 for sure, but how soon would you need the money? And how much would shipping be?

Hey, if Otto sees this, where might I find a harness? Ive always heard you and others say to "get the wires and harness with it!!" so mabey this is a lost cause? Or do I have to find a wreck with a console, and take from there, but then whats the point of getting this one and paying for shipping? how much would a junk yard charge me? ergg... i dunno

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, considering it's useless without the wiring harness, I wouldn't sell it to you until you have or know where to get a wiring harness. And as far as shipping goes, it would probably be $5 or $6.

So, when you find a wiring harness, just let me know and I'll send the console to ya. :) Payment is pretty flexible too... a check in the mail would be fine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
cool thanx :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hey OTTO, I'm always seeing consoles for the Ram and Dakota and Minivans on Ebay...are any of those the same electrically? I'd put a long one on my Intrepid, I kinda like all the extra storage space. But, I just want to make sure it would plug in the same.

Are the compass/temp thingees the same and just a different shaped console?

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Hey Intrepidatious.... Thrasher said he might be able to get some overhead consoles down by him. Maybe we can have him send two of them up to us and we can install them together. I definitely would like to add one to my ride, ive just havent had any luck finding them here in NYC.

Also... are you going to be around on Friday? (Black Friday)....

Ill be at the audio place, maybe we can chill while im getting my car alarm installed. Im also thinking of having Tony put on the washer nozzle lights. ;)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Hey DJ, I'd go for one of the consoles if he can get them...defintely!

About Friday...hmmm...I'm supposed to go paint my Aunt's co-op, but there's a chance I might not have to. If not, let's get together man! You are going to make me spend cash if I go to Tony's!!! Ha ha ;) What time is your appointment?

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Intrepidatious- not sure if other consoles will work from a ram or van?

97purple_trep -you really need the two ends that go into the console and the fuse panel ,you can get wire anywere. if you dont have the two ends the console is useless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts