DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know some of you guys are not gonna like seeing this hell I was speechless. It has now happened to ME!! You ask what is this all about I will just say now no LH CAR is exempt from getting hit. I was just soooo MAD when my friend came in (not my friend anymore jk) and said "Quinton I'm sorry but I ran into ur car and I didn't mean too I'll pay for anything just let me know the cost". I'm eating my lunch and turn around and say "What did you just say?" He says he was going to lunch and went around the parked cars says he was only going 5mph. Then his car hit ice and the back end slid around and he hit MY CAR!!!! GUD DAM IT!!! Stupid cavalier!! Ok enough venting here are the dreadful pics of my ride that I hated to take but was just for my own assurance of it happening. Yea went to my dealerships bodyshop to have it appraised yea $450bucks worth of damage. Not too bad.

His cars damage (not very much) VVVV

The path I found from his car

Look this way now see where it seems to head towards

Un-huh right there

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
wait the little 3 inch line of white?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait the little 3 inch line of white?
In the second to last photo you can see there is a dimple from him pushing the bumper in it had hit a frame piece inside the bumper but the frame is fine. Also just pass the dimple is the 2 spots of paint that are missing as well.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I think it will live to crash another day...

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
You should be happy your friend did it and not a neighbor and you should be even more happy that it wasnt a hit and run.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You should be happy your friend did it and not a neighbor and you should be even more happy that it wasnt a hit and run.
I was pretty happy afterwards to just know he came to me and told me. Also the fact he didn't just go to lunch and not say anything. I prob. would have never even seen it until I got home in my driveway and it would have been dark out then. I usually always look at my entire car when its cleaned up and in summer weather, but this winter crap ugh.. I hate it!!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
It should be fairly easy to get the imperfection out as long as the bumper isn't cracked. When it's warmer, sand off the dimple area of bad paint/roughness. Because it's small enough, just use a fine paint brush and brush on matching paint (also primer if needed). Sand it smooth with surrounding and do another coat. Repeat until it feels right. Brush on some clear. Make sure there's overlap with sanded cleaer near by. Then sand smooth. Do another coat and sand. Then take out the trusty buffer and you probably won't even see it after it's all said and done.

Oh yeah tell your friend that cost 500 bucks and you are nice so you won't charge him for it. But he's your ***** for a year.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It should be fairly easy to get the imperfection out as long as the bumper isn't cracked. When it's warmer, sand off the dimple area of bad paint/roughness. Because it's small enough, just use a fine paint brush and brush on matching paint (also primer if needed). Sand it smooth with surrounding and do another coat. Repeat until it feels right. Brush on some clear. Make sure there's overlap with sanded cleaer near by. Then sand smooth. Do another coat and sand. Then take out the trusty buffer and you probably won't even see it after it's all said and done.

Oh yeah tell your friend that cost 500 bucks and you are nice so you won't charge him for it. But he's your ***** for a year.
Thanks for the advice but I think I might still just have it stripped by my buddy and redone. I could go that route of just doing it myself. I mean the bumper is not cracked the paint is alittle. Hes only 19 soo I told him since it wasn't no $1000 in repairs that if I looked at it this way to get one of my good bodyshop friends to do it for cheaper would he be interested. He said it was fine and he would pay me up front for the cost and I said if we go this route that he would not have a mark on his insurance for a wreck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts