DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY beautiful ride just hit 140000 and I dont know what should I be looking for. What problem should I expect? I just got a new tranny 2000 miles ago. Should I be looking for the LUCUS treament does anybody know if there is a lucus transmission treatment? Today I kept getting a hard shift from 2nd to 1st when It was cold should I worry? IN the worst senario I might be looking for a 2nd gen LHS or 300M

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
poopyhead said:
MY beautiful ride just hit 140000 and I dont know what should I be looking for. What problem should I expect? I just got a new tranny 2000 miles ago. Should I be looking for the LUCUS treament does anybody know if there is a lucus transmission treatment? Today I kept getting a hard shift from 2nd to 1st when It was cold should I worry? IN the worst senario I might be looking for a 2nd gen LHS or 300M
Just keep taking care of the car. Don't redline, don't drag race like you own a Supra. Maintain proper servcing of the tranny. Best of luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do the classic unplug battery for an hour or so to make sure that the car hasn't learned any bad habits etc. Watch it for a week, then post back saying how it's acting.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
95LHS said:
I hope the new tranny has a warantee...especially if it's only 2000 miles old.
Thats what i was thinking.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Flush everything if you haven't done it recently or can't remember when it was done last.

-Flush the tranny and have it inspected by the dealership it's worth the 89 bucks they'll charge you. If the fluid is old, wrong, or low it will cause it to shift badly.
-Flush the radiator, you might even run a cleaner through it for a few days then reflush it and refill it with fresh fluid. Use distilled water when flushing or refilling.
-It's never too late to switch to mobil 1 fully synthtetic oil.
-replace the spark plugs if you haven't.
-With that many miles have the timing chain, or belt inspected for wear.

·
Registered
224 Posts
My 01 is knocking on the door of 140K myself. I take good care of it in terms of regular maintenance. The only repair work I have had to pay for is wear n' tear stuff like brakes, tires, tranny flushes..etc. I figure I'll drive the damn thing 'til it falls apart.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just hit 140,000 miles on my 2.7 and I wasnt scared,I was damm happy.It is a gratifying feeling that all my rigorous maintenace has been paying off!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts