DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I took ownership of her mom's 1997 Intrepid. It has been sitting for around 5 years. Got it running and working on cosmetics along with few mechanical details. Looking forward to conversations here. I'm having a problem finding a cowl to replace the broken one on the car. 3.5 V6, bucket seats. This is our 3rd Intrepid. We had a 93 base and 98 ES over the years.

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
You most likely have to look around - the yards had many these LH models (1st and 2nd) Gens. When I 'scope' my local junkyard (PNP) - the LH's are gone. Straight to the crusher.

Need to start searching around.

www.car-parts.com is a good start.

Keep these Intrepid's alive.

·
Registered
1997 Dodge Intrepid
63 Posts
Thanks for the link. My local Pull-A-Part only has a 2nd gen car. Do you know if gen 1 Concords or LHS's use the same cowl?
The Concorde uses a slightly different cowl than the Intrepid, but it DOES fit. Best of all, it's made of a better less brittle plastic unlike the one on the Intrepid. I luckily found a 97 Concorde in my local pick-n-pull yard and I grabbed the cowl and cleaned it off and installed it on my 97 Intrepid. I'm not sure about the LHS cowl, but I can confirm that the one from a Concorde does indeed fit. Now I'm trying to figure out if the rear doors on a Concorde will bolt onto an Intrepid, as my rear passenger side door is dented VERY badly.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
The Concorde uses a slightly different cowl than the Intrepid, but it DOES fit. Best of all, it's made of a better less brittle plastic unlike the one on the Intrepid. I luckily found a 97 Concorde in my local pick-n-pull yard and I grabbed the cowl and cleaned it off and installed it on my 97 Intrepid. I'm not sure about the LHS cowl, but I can confirm that the one from a Concorde does indeed fit. Now I'm trying to figure out if the rear doors on a Concorde will bolt onto an Intrepid, as my rear passenger side door is dented VERY badly.
I feel like the rear doors may be different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

1 - 7 of 7 Posts