DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just found this site and joined today. I so psyched to see there are other LH body enthusiats out there :) I hoping to learn a few tricks to get some power out of my car. Do any of you all live in the MD/VA/DC area?

Buschman

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice car... Just curious on what polish you
use to get that sort of deep shine?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Welcome! Curious...I didn't know they made a '95 R/T... Did they, or did you just make it look that way? Either way your car looks awesome! :D

What brand and type of rims do you have on there?

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

Good question. No they didn't make the R/T in 95. And to you true Intrepid enthusiats I will fess up it's a modded ES. However that being said I had the R/T badges on long before the second gen R/T came to be. As a matter of fact, I had the R/T symbols painted(to match the skirt color) and the wing painted and installed. A week after I got that back I saw a spy cam photo of the R/T prototype. Just my luck :p

The wheels are 17"X8" TSW Blades. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. It's too bad cause they fit the car perfectly. I couldn't have designed it any better than that if I tried.

The paint is my favorite part of this car. With all due respect I'd have to say that most of it's deepness comes from the type of paint I used(Spies Heckler). Spies is AWESOME paint! I use Eagle One Wet wax and Zymol polish to help it's depth.

I will have to snap some shots of the stereo for you guys. It's truely just as impressive as the other parts :)

I'm really hoping to learn something from this site. Espeically in the area of performance improvements. Local speed shops in my area don't have a clue how to help this car. Maybe you guys can give me some pointers.

Buschman

·
Registered
167 Posts
The color of your car looks AWESOME. Is that r/t badge off a neon. Looks like it to me. Those wheels you have look good with your car.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by gise1:
The color of your car looks AWESOME. Is that r/t badge off a neon. Looks like it to me. Those wheels you have look good with your car.
You got it. It's powder coated to match the lower skirt. I looked at all the R/T symbols they had at the time. There was no Intrepid R/T or Stratus R/T or anything like that. They had the Viper, the Neon and the Dakota. The Neons symbol looked by far the best so I went with those.

Personally I think they look great on the first gen. I like them better than the more "computer" or "techie" style R/T they are using now on the Stratus and Intrepid, but that's just me :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thanks for the Polish tip... More power
to my shiney obsession!! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey Baschman, love the color. I have had the generation 1 R/T idea for a while too. I don't care that there never was an R/T Intrepid, I think it looks great. Some people may not like it but, arnt we supposed to have fun with our treps? I eventually would like to get some hood scoops, R/T badgeing and racing stripes. I think I am gonna do it after some more performance mods. Anyway it looks good!!!! Matt

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by matt22tec:
Hey Baschman, love the color. I have had the generation 1 R/T idea for a while too. I don't care that there never was an R/T Intrepid, I think it looks great. Some people may not like it but, arnt we supposed to have fun with our treps? I eventually would like to get some hood scoops, R/T badgeing and racing stripes. I think I am gonna do it after some more performance mods. Anyway it looks good!!!! Matt
Thanks bro. I really appreciate the compliment. Don't mind the nay sayers. Everyone has an opinion. I look at it this way. No one has ever said anything to my face about it. Infact, my fake R/T turns more heads than the real ones :) I don't even look at it as a fake, more like a prototype :) I mean I've had this setup for way longer than the "real" R/T's have been around.

I actually thought about putting the R/T stripes on but I wasn't sure how good it would look with the Intrepid's lines. I was afraid it would push it over the edge and look too ricey. So I opted not. But if you get it tkae LOTS of pics so we can see :)

Later,
Buschman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts