DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 01 intrepid 2.7. Had two o2 codes(2 pre-catalyst) and changed them tonight(got them from the dealer). Left battery disconnected one hour, started and drove approximately 2 miles. Still have the same codes and car sputtered and stalled.
Please help me!
I just paid this penalty and am expected to have inspected so I may renew tag.
Please help me! :fun_84:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I need to know EXACTLY what codes you are getting to determine the nature of the o2 sensor related problem.

Now it could be a fuel system problem or an electrical problem, only the exact code will help me now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for replying!The codes are po134 and po154.
The car was not behaving in this way prior to the o2 change. It is undrivable-after about 5 minutes of driving-car continuously sputters,stalls. I think maybe the dealer sold me bad sensors.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I can't find P0134... but P0154 is:
O2 Sensor 2/1 Signal Inactive - niether rich or lean condition is detected from the oxygen sensor 2/1.

I'd check the contacts / wires at the sensors.
It would seem that you're not getting 02S heater element faults, either they are working or the "no signal" code over-rides the heater element codes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The connection looks fine- why would the car start behaving in this way only after I put on the new O2s?
Would a diagnostic at my dealer tell me the exact problem? I am running out of money.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
P0134

P0134 HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 1

Sounds like a dead sensor!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Other Things

If the sensor turns out to be good, check the fuses. On some cars the PCM is served my multiple fuses, strange I know.

If that checks out, get a tester and check the continuity between the connector to the sensor and the connector at the PCM, you WILL need a wiring diagram for this.

If the harness check out OK, the sensor is good and the PCM is getting power, then you have a malfunctioning PCM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
oh God. I wouldn't know how to check all that wiring, I suppose I will take it for diagnostics. My account is so empty though. For now, in order to drive it, I am going to put the old sensors on.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts