DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put heads and timing chain on a 2000 intrepid with the 2.7. It has good compression and it getting plenty of fuel on the plugs, but it won't fire. The number one plug fires like it is suppost to, but the remaining 5 only fire one time and thats it. :explosion I have checked all the sensors according to the book and the all seem to be checking out ok. (computer maybe needs reset?)

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,676 Posts
Double check your timing marks on the chain and make sure they were lined up properly. Check the crankshaft and camshaft sensors. Check the ASD relay and all fuses. Make sure the fuel system is working properly. You could spray a shot of ether into the intake and see if it will start, if it does, you have a fuel problem. Other than that, this sounds like a timing/ignition problem to me. The computer doesnt need to be reset. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah after hours of checking sensors and relays and fuses, i decided to pull the valve covers back off and check the timing again. Of course the marks were off. I put on a new chain but reused the old tensioner. It seemed tight enough when i reinstalled it, but i guess not. Im goin to try it again with a new tensioner and try again.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,676 Posts
You need the timing chain alignment tools and have to check the clearance on the tensioner to get it right. I would get a service manual or send it to a shop and let them finish it..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts