DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I do believe that will fit. I've seen it before.. I think it's radio code RBQ... It has a built-in 6 disc changer... pretty sweet if you can find one for a good price because then you can have the luxury of the changer, and still keep the cubby hole for other things.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
RBQ Rocks!

Yes, it will fit. You will need a 2 plug to single plug harness adapter though.

This radio has a limitation that you need to be aware of. Since the CD changer is integrated, most if not all aftermarket iPod or Aux adapters will not work since they fake a CD changer. To get an iPod interface, you need the Mopar iPod Integration Kit.

With all that said, it is a sweet radio. The sound quality is insane for a stock deck. Put an amp on it using a LOC, and it will sound as good as an aftermarket deck in the $250-$300 range. Plus nobody will know you have a system..... very important for me as I park in a college parking lot and I dont want to give someone a reason to smash my car. I like mine.

There are two varients, one with analog sliders for tone control and one with an audio button that processes the sound in a chip, I have the pushbutton type. I don't know if there is a difference in sound quality between the two, it is possible that there may be due to differences in the way the signal is handled. I doubt you would readily notice the difference if there is any.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or will an RB1 w/ a seperate cubby 6 disc changer be any better?, how bout with an aftermarket JL Audio Amp for subs?, Is this a good setup?.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Yep - that is an RBQ(older version). I just put one in my 04 yesterday, but it was a newer RBQ from a Liberty where the bass/treble sliders and fader knobs are gone and replaced with buttons(Looks real slick). I have the 6 disc changer in the cubby too for a total of 12 disc in dash. If you have heard the cubby changers they are noisey when swapping discs. The RBQ sounds the same so just be aware. Install is cake.

I think the ultimate install is an RB1 with the 6 disc CD/DVD cubby player.
I don't think radio choice has any effect on amplifier integration. You'd have to do the same stuff regardless of radio.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Amp integration is the same for all the factory radios. You must use a line output converter or an amp that accepts high level inputs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts