DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well peoples, I just installed a drop in K&N air filter today. It was pretty darn easy to do. I made a "How To" page on my web site.

http://brianchase.freeservers.com/kandn.htm

Hopefully Randy will add it to the "How To" section. :D

I went to Murray's auto parts store to get it. The filter cost me $35.99 and the recharge kit cost me $9.99.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Intrepid99:
I will add it to the how-to section the next time I update the site :)
Thanks! :)

On another note, I just installed my drop-in today as well :D
Sure does look better than that cheap paper one, doesn't it? :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Nice one Warlord... Notice any difference?

·
Registered
973 Posts
warlord - I'm impressed ... you went to a lot of trouble to make a simple job even more simple. There are quite a few people that are not so sure if these things are as easy as some would make it sound. But when they see your photos they will believe it really is that easy. Nice thing to add to the "how to" section.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i also put in a k&n drop in filter in mines and it fells different :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by Warlord187:
Bad, bad, bad idea!!! Cleaners could damage some parts of the engine such as sensors and stuff. At least that's what I read.
Thats why a said you need a garden hose to rince away those bad cleaners and dirt. Don't blast the engine with the hose after putting on the simple green, just quick sprays to rince away the dirst.

Start your engine and let sit to dry out, or go for a drive. :cool:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Don:
warlord - I'm impressed ... you went to a lot of trouble to make a simple job even more simple. There are quite a few people that are not so sure if these things are as easy as some would make it sound. But when they see your photos they will believe it really is that easy. Nice thing to add to the "how to" section.
Thanks Don. I attribute that to me being an engineer and part of my schooling. Heck, in college for one of my classes we had to do various "How To's" using just pictures (that's no words at all!) :)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by joekd:
I don't know, this sounds pretty similar to my posting on how to install K+N drill your airbox found here
K+N/drill airbox

Joekd smell plagarism!!!!

btw - just kidding :D ;) :p
How did I ever miss that post! :)

Oh well, I added pictures!!! :D

I still have to drill holes in my airbox.

·
Registered
299 Posts
hey warlord, as long as u squirt off the simple green its fine, i clean my engine througly about once a month, and the engine has been fine. as u can see in the pic, my engine is spotless, as u gotta do, is spray simple green all over, squirt off with hose, then run engine for like 2-3 minutes to dry.
its safe, and works great.

[ October 20, 2001: Message edited by: 93Intrepid ]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts