DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me about this type of intake. Is it a good buy or should just make one myself?? Part#63-1030 for 2.7L engine.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Don't you people in California have to have your vehicles tested for smog levels and such on a regular basis? If, so, read the disclaimer on the bottom of the K&N web site. It says that it may not be legal. As for the cone filter, I think it would just suck in too much hot air. The engine likes cold, dense air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I posted a question below asking what the difference was between a K&N off-road kit and the L-intake. I noticed the off-road kit is newly available for the Intrepid. No one answered me, but I received the following reply from K&N regarding the difference between the off-road kit and the FIPK:

Dear customer,

Aircharger kits are non-emissions legal kits. We will usually release this kit first because most states do not need emissions certification. Once this kit has been released we turn the kit into the State of California to get the emissions certification for it. When we get the certification the kit turns into a FIPK which is emissions legal. Both kits are physically the same but one is emission legal.

Hope this helps.

---end of mail message---

Looks like the FIPK is on the way.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I called my local performance shop and they have it!!! Its like $240 bucks! OUCH! But hey, its the Holidays, Im going for it. I'll let everyone know how it goes. I asked the guy at the shop to describe it to me and he told me it came with a heat shield so it would help keep the hot engine air out of the intake. We'll see the results once its installed this weekend. :confused: Hopefully, its very good! I'm excited.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Bad news folks! I went to the shop that had the intake in stock and they FRAGGED UP! THey had the wrong parts number in the computer. IDIOTS!!! AARRRRGGGHHHH!!! THey tried handing me an intake for a Honda Prelude, which pissed me off even more. I dont think i'll be doing business with them anymore. I guess I have to find it online now. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to shop online??? Im all ears...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you guys that they also make one for the 3.5L engine Part # 63-1029
Just passing some info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts