DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would this mod help my car at at all gas mileage or power? or is it a waste of money. it Comes with : A 3" diameter T-306 heat-resisting Premium Chrome Anodized Quality Aluminum Intake Pipe ,Mounting hardware: Brand New Clamp and Mounting Bracket
A brand new K&N Washable and reusable high-flow performance cone air filter(Red) Basic Installation Instructions & All Necessary Hardware will be included.
Mass Air Flow Sensor Adapter for cars that need. Does my 03 intrepid sxt have mass airflow? also if this kit will do me good does it have everything i need? help please

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-RED-93-04-DODGE-INTREPID-EAGLE-CONCORDE-300M-LHS-2-7-3-2-3-3-3-5L-AIR-INTAKE-/330869804687?fits=Year:2003|Make:Dodge|Model:Intrepid|Submodel:SXT|Engine+-+Liter_Display:3.5L&hash=item4d09608e8f:g:WvkAAOxyvSVREck~&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
May give a little more power, and a little more intake noise.

Our cars have MAP sensors, not MAF.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also i have a question for you peva. Remebr how my computer was witching between po 325 and po 420/430 codes? well i reset it extra long like you said ( i think it was you). Well, i pulled my codes again after the long reset and i got the po 325, po 420, po430 as well as po 128 (i just replaced the thermostat a few months ago) and a po 440 for evap system. My gas cap is on tight and i just replaced the thermostat. my computer keeps switching codees. Do you think my computer is messed up?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Besides the fact the picture shows a 1st gen 3.5L engine there doesn't appear to be a heat shield included with that setup. So you'd be pulling hot air directly into the filter from within the hot engine compartment.

That kit is about 40% the price of a complete genuine CAI kit. So you're getting what you pay for.

I doubt it'll increase gas mileage at all. If it did for some reason it would be negligible.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,530 Posts
Might want to start a separate thread regarding DTC codes.

I wouldn't spend even the $75 on that "kit".

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
also i have a question for you peva. Remebr how my computer was witching between po 325 and po 420/430 codes? well i reset it extra long like you said ( i think it was you)...
Well, my memory isn't that great, but (unless it's gotten much worse than usual) I can say that I've never had a knock sensor code.

·
Premium Member
16,517 Posts
can't remeber how to m ake a new thread any help lol sorry
Open the appropriate Forum page (*not* the top level "DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums" page, and not a thread page) and you'll see a "New Thread" button on the right towards the top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts