DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i have 99 trep .... i've been using castrol gtx 10w40 anti sluge oil previously..... but today i bought k&n oil filter hp 2004 and mobil 1 synthectic oil 10W30 extended performace... i'm gonna have oil change done tomorrow .... so is the filter n' the oil oki?
thanks !

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Sure! I like the Puraltor Pure One- most filter material available on the market.
How much do you pay to have your oil changed?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Khizer said:
guys i have 99 trep .... i've been using castrol gtx 10w40 anti sluge oil previously..... but today i bought k&n oil filter hp 2004 and mobil 1 synthectic oil 10W30 extended performace... i'm gonna have oil change done tomorrow .... so is the filter n' the oil oki?
thanks !
Excellent choice for both the oil and filter ! The K&N is a good filter but considered by many to be overpriced. But it is a good filter. The Purolator PureOne is also excellent as someone pointed out. Also consider the WIX 51085 or NAPA Gold 1085 (same filter). For slightly more filtering capacity with the WIX/NAPA Gold, you can use the WIX 51068 or NAPA Gold 1068 (same filter again). This is about 25% longer than the standard filter, and it is what I use.

With the M1 EP oil, you should be able to extend the oil drain interval to help recover the higher cost of the oil. With the 2.7, I would not go looking for 10,000 miles like some "experts" over on BITOG would have you believe. With the 2.7, I would probably start at 5000 miles (with M1 EP), and perhaps have an oil analysis done at the end. Then determine whether you could go farther based on that.

Good luck

Phil

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I have been using that combo since i got my car at 5ooo mile intervals.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks alot guys .... i changed my oil and oil filter today ... so should i be looking to change it after every 5000miles or 3000 miles?

i went to fairfield autos 2day that is located in cypress ..... n' they were like we put our own engine oil n' filter .... but i told them this time you put these two next time i'll do something else .... i guess i have to find someother car shop .... this is what the problem is over here everyone want to put their own stuff .... i'm looking to get K&n intake .... n' i need to find someone who does it ....

if u guys know of any place in cypress or houston that put the parts in the car that we want .... that would be really helpful ...
thanks !

·
Registered
979 Posts
Khizer said:
thanks alot guys .... i changed my oil and oil filter today ... so should i be looking to change it after every 5000miles or 3000 miles?

i went to fairfield autos 2day that is located in cypress ..... n' they were like we put our own engine oil n' filter .... but i told them this time you put these two next time i'll do something else .... i guess i have to find someother car shop .... this is what the problem is over here everyone want to put their own stuff....thanks !
5000 miles easily. It is possible that the oil may go dirty a bit quicker on the first run of synthetic. It doesn't happen to every engine, but it does happen from time to time. If that happens and you want to change it early, go ahead. But M1 EP will go 5000 miles easily, even on a 2.7.

Don't take any guff from the boys in the garage. It's your engine - you choose what goes in it - not them. There isn't 1 in 1000 of them that has any knowledge of the 2.7 and how it differs from other engines. They haven't got a clue.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I stretched it to 7000 miles once... that was a bit too much, so i settle at 5000, plus, it's easier to remember when your next oil change is due :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts