DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do most of you guys get these systems? I would like to get one but I am unsure of where to start my looking. What kind of prices should I expect? I have a 95 es with the 3.5. I want an entire system not just a drop in filter, but the whole cold air intake.
Thanks! Jeff:biggrin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
just go to autozone or napa and they will either have it in stock or they will order it for you. The filter is about 50-70 dollars and the cones run from 120-160 dollars. Something like that. the cone is better but it wont fit in your stock air box. So you will have to remove the box and have a tube running from your intake to the filter cone. Just keep asking around and someone here could tell you how to build one yourself. Or you can just buy the k&N air filter to go into your stock air box. If you do this it will only take 10 minutes to install.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i went with the k&n dropin. there's hardly any difference between the cone and the panel unless you make a cold air intake like 94IntrepidES. it was 49 bucks at NAPA and took 2 days for them to have it in stock. it took 5 minutes to install. best $50 i've ever spent.

·
Registered
530 Posts
120 to 160 a cone filter? Damn man I'll see you filters anyday, where in the hell do you get ripped off for a cone filter for that much?

·
Registered
724 Posts
94IntrepidES said:
120 to 160 a cone filter? Damn man I'll see you filters anyday, where in the hell do you get ripped off for a cone filter for that much?
NO KIDDING, does your ass hurt? cuz if you bought one at that price you got ****ed bigtime!!! I just ordered my k&n cone for 49 shipped to my door. Don't mean to rag on ya, but you should really check around for prices.

http://www.performanceproducts.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
i never bought a cone so dont worry i'm not sure where i saw those prices i just know the cone is more expensive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ph33rdecals.com, you dont know what you're talking about. I got my K&N cone filter at autozone for $45. The factory replacement was about $35. You really should check the actual prices before you post about mods you dont really have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and by the way, I think you should take a close look at what it says on your website...

"You will be amazed at how ONE decal will spice up your car and make you want to drive more. "

I think you went a little overboard. The racing stripes wouldnt be so bad if they werent as thin as pinstripes. But whatever...to each his own....I guess...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
little bit 'o constuctive criticizsim hard at work here. oh wait...

c'mon. people take pride in their cars. if they choose to mod it how they see fit, let them. they join this board to ask for help and to help others out, not be judged and razed by their fellow members.

·
Registered
17 Posts
jeez guys thanks for making my day!

sorry if i'm not perfect but you dont have to rub it in!

I guess my lack of knowledge on air filter prices makes it obviously that i dont know anything about cars. (this is called sarcasm)

i admit i dont know everything about cars, but i'm only 18 and i'm extremely interested in the subject. Even though i'm 18 i run my own website called ph33rdecals.com

i know a lot of people who have bought decals from me who love to just take them around and show them off. So when i say that you will be amazed at how it will make you want to drive more i mean it. People drive to show them off. You dont just buy stripes for you car then not show them off.

I like my car and its stripes and i get a lot of great compliments from everyone. Even people with fully modded Honda Civics.

So this is my defense on my behalf. I own a K&N air filter which i bought for $48 and that same place was selling k&N Cones for more money then the air filter! So i didnt just make it up. If you have a better price then good for you, you dont have to make me feel like a complete moron!

there i feel better

·
Registered
5 Posts
didnt mean to offend you, I'm not saying your decals look bad, I'm was just trying to suggest that maybe you had too many on your car, but its your car, and if you like it, thats all that matters. About the K&N, I know some places that do charge up to $50 for the OEM replacement, but most places have them cheaper. Maybe the place you're talking about had complete K&N intakes for $120 or so, that sounds more reasonable. (should be noted, no complete intake is made for the Intrepid). There may be a few K&N cones with the chrome end on them (mine is just the rubber end, but you can't see it anyway where its located at (the end, not the filter) that MAY be a little over $50, but not anywhere near $120. Again, didnt mean to offend you, just trying to correct the error. Sorry if that came off wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, and by the way, I will give you credit for not ripping off www.edecals.com 's website. I know a lot of people with sites selling decals somewhat similar to yours, and all they do is rip off edecals.com 's site and print the graphics themselves. At least you've got your own thing goin on.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts