DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the search function extensively but no success on this question.

The K&N website and all auctions for the FIPK intake show it applies for 2000-2004 3.5L 300M, my new car is a 1999 with the 3.5L, was there a change or will it work just fine?

Charles

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'd say it will work fine.
As long as it fits properly, you should be good to go :thumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
The same kit is listed for the Intrepid,so it should work.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,476 Posts
But it was $11k well spent...LOL!!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
MathWiz said:
Thanks everyone for their responses.

Guess it is time for ebay shopping, got in trouble last time, cost me $11000.

Charles
LOL!! Buy me one too while you're at it buddy!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shadowvox just installed his FIPK and is very happy with the results, he found it for about $175 on Amazon. I'm running one of his old homemade intakes and I can vouch, it makes a noticeable difference on the butt-dyno over the stock so I'm certain the K & N does the same.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
MathWiz said:
I have used the search function extensively but no success on this question.

The K&N website and all auctions for the FIPK intake show it applies for 2000-2004 3.5L 300M, my new car is a 1999 with the 3.5L, was there a change or will it work just fine?

Charles
Go to amazon.com

I got mine for $193 with 2-day shipping
If you wanted the super saver shipping (5-9 days) shipping is FREE which makes the cost of the kit $176.36!!!

Can't beat that with a stick!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...40?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1175795935&sr=8-1

Note, the price went up...but if you keep your eye out, and check every couple of days...it flucuates quite a bit!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
velobard said:
Shadowvox just installed his FIPK and is very happy with the results, he found it for about $175 on Amazon. I'm running one of his old homemade intakes and I can vouch, it makes a noticeable difference on the butt-dyno over the stock so I'm certain the K & N does the same.
i know this thread is kind of old but you say you have an lhs, now im just wondering if the FIPK for the 3.5L 300M would fit on my 99LHS?

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
The official spec for this part for my SXT is 8.46 HP @ 5842 RPM.
That's $22.54 for each pony at the current shipped price of 190.76
If you sign up for an Amazon Visa, you get $30.00 off.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
just remember that it wont be CARB compliant, and if you get a dick smog tester, he will fail you, because it isnt approved for a 99, only 2000+

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
wb6vpm said:
just remember that it wont be CARB compliant, and if you get a dick smog tester, he will fail you, because it isnt approved for a 99, only 2000+
Damned tree huggers...
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that here in the Ohio Valley...
Although I did install the CARB sticker.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
Sooner or later those tree huggers will get to us all.

Then we'll have to do a major uninstall and reinstall around inspection times :). No way that crap would stop us.

·
Registered
49 Posts
so if it says it is for the 3.5 and i buy it, it will be exactly the same and work with my 3.2?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts