DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

K&N FIPK question

2K views 40 replies 24 participants last post by  Charles_Scott 
#1 ·
I have used the search function extensively but no success on this question.

The K&N website and all auctions for the FIPK intake show it applies for 2000-2004 3.5L 300M, my new car is a 1999 with the 3.5L, was there a change or will it work just fine?

Charles

#10 ·
Shadowvox just installed his FIPK and is very happy with the results, he found it for about $175 on Amazon. I'm running one of his old homemade intakes and I can vouch, it makes a noticeable difference on the butt-dyno over the stock so I'm certain the K & N does the same.

#11 ·
MathWiz said:
I have used the search function extensively but no success on this question.

The K&N website and all auctions for the FIPK intake show it applies for 2000-2004 3.5L 300M, my new car is a 1999 with the 3.5L, was there a change or will it work just fine?

Charles
Go to amazon.com

I got mine for $193 with 2-day shipping
If you wanted the super saver shipping (5-9 days) shipping is FREE which makes the cost of the kit $176.36!!!

Can't beat that with a stick!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...40?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1175795935&sr=8-1

Note, the price went up...but if you keep your eye out, and check every couple of days...it flucuates quite a bit!!

#12 ·
velobard said:
Shadowvox just installed his FIPK and is very happy with the results, he found it for about $175 on Amazon. I'm running one of his old homemade intakes and I can vouch, it makes a noticeable difference on the butt-dyno over the stock so I'm certain the K & N does the same.
i know this thread is kind of old but you say you have an lhs, now im just wondering if the FIPK for the 3.5L 300M would fit on my 99LHS?

#16 ·
wb6vpm said:
just remember that it wont be CARB compliant, and if you get a dick smog tester, he will fail you, because it isnt approved for a 99, only 2000+
Damned tree huggers...
Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that here in the Ohio Valley...
Although I did install the CARB sticker.

#26 ·
Im gonna get a truck, all ive had is cars and my explorer for years, so im lookin at 2001-05 toyota tacoma, or if i dont like the feel of that, then a dodge ram with the cummins in it....ive never driven the toys but my pops has a 98 Ram 5-sp with the 24v cummins, he bought it new, its got 230K on it and all he has ever had to do was brakes..plus 20mpg too, not to bad for a 3.5 ton truck with nearly 600 ft lbs of torque

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.