DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i had to install a K&N air filter on one of my company's 3.2 concorde this morning. what's up with that dumb little gasket? i worked on that POS for 15 minutes before i got it wedged in there so "snugly" that it wouldn't move as i gingerly sat the filter in place. what a crock of ****. that part needs to be redesigned in a HURRY.

sorry for venting.

1st gens rule (no gasket on my K&N) :bigsmile:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Took me like 30 seconds, fit perfectly for me. It does suck that we have to use it though.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
err..hate to say it but mine was a two minute install as well..

is it possible the concorde airbox is slightly different?

is it possible that this was a sign telling you not to mod company cars?

is it possible that the world is an unfair place and was just torturing you unjustly?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
probably a sign that i should leave well enough alone.

i do think that it might be leaking small amounts of air, i went and stomed the car around for a few minutes but (i'm really really stupid) i don't know what it normally sounds like, since i don't drive a 2nd gen. me = dumb

:blush: :blush:

if the gasket is in there, should i have to worry about it sealing up correctly? like if it's in there it's in there, no matter how long it took me? or should i open it back up and risk jacking it all up again?

·
Registered
602 Posts
WHAT! That f%$&er didn't seem like it would fit right, I didn't use it, I got that damn hissing noise too..............! That's why I had problems when using the K&N filter on my 99ES.......!

It's been a while but how do you get it to fit nice or it just won't fit good........?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just have to make sure it's lined up pretty good and it goes on easy. Once it's on it should be on and be fine. I've opened up my airbox quite a few times since I installed the K&N and I don't have any hissing noises or any other problems with it.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Just put one on my girlfriend's Grand AM a couple of weeks ago. I thought the gasket was simple. Her's had a sticky side so it stuck to the top of the airbox (in between the cover and the box)

Did the one's for the Intrepid also have a sticky side?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts