DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've got two threads going that show both places we could have a small mini meet somewhere in the KC area sometime in the future.

TREPNEWB
Paulnsuzieque
D76G12
97GreenES
Gormo66 - even though he lives in Iowa
93GreenES - STL
ChrisX - Peoria, IL
These are the only people I can think of right now that are in the KS/MO area.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm new to this whole site, and the meet things, but if you could explain it a little more, I might be interested. I am about 10 minutes from the MO boarder. near unionville. What type of stuff do you do at a meet?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stand around and look at each others cars thats about it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
so...
if there was a meet in mo/ks it would be in O.P. 'cause i am like 10 min. from there!

·
Registered
360 Posts
ok, thats cool, but , what exactly is a meet? what exactly will we be doing there........haha i really dont know....whens it good for everyone....., but whos busy when, like weekends or days or nights or what?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
Well, if you guys REALLY want to make an evening of it - and see some really cool Mopars besides Treps - HPAC's first meeting is 17 April at Back Yard Burger's in OP. I don't like that meeting place much since it's 30 miles for me but I like the HPAC meets, anyway ...

What do you think???

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
D76G12 said:
Well, if you guys REALLY want to make an evening of it - and see some really cool Mopars besides Treps - HPAC's first meeting is 17 April at Back Yard Burger's in OP. I don't like that meeting place much since it's 30 miles for me but I like the HPAC meets, anyway ...

What do you think???

I would be down to go out there thats a hell of a drive, but what the hell is HPAC? I'm confused :( . What car are you gonna be drivin D76G12? Possibly the road runner?

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
95trep said:
I would be down to go out there thats a hell of a drive, but what the hell is HPAC? I'm confused :( . What car are you gonna be drivin D76G12? Possibly the road runner?
HPAC = High Performance Auto Club open to all Mopars (Chrysler, Plymouth, Dodge), Jeeps, AMC, & DeSoto. Not all the cars are "high performance" but a lot of them are older ones. I got into it because of my Bird - but I've been to lots of meets without it. Sorry, the Bird's grounded right now waiting for the body shop money to add up. Anyway, I just thought - since all of our cars "qualify" as an HPAC car - that we could just get together at one of their meets. That way, you guys can also look over some of the old Muscle Cars that they bring ... We could just take over part of the second row or something so we're all together. That's what some of the PT Cruiser guys do.

It was just a thought. If you guys want to do something else, that's cool, too ...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd definitely be down to going out there guys I just need the address

·
Registered
360 Posts
sweet.....thats all i have to say, wait, we dont have to like, sign up for it do we, i mean, i do have baseball so hopefully id be able to get to this meeting, ill have my car pimped out by then :-D

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no theres not a sign up I dont think there is, D76G12 will have to double check me on this

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
The "cruises", as the club calls them, are pretty much open, that is - no, you don't have to sign up. We've had guys drop by in old 30's cars (from the Rod clubs), we had a '66(?) Mustang 500 GT drop in once. It's at a normal place of business in the parking lot so there's no "fee" or anything like that, either.

Back Yard Burger's is just east of Metcalf on 95th St. on the south side of the road. They've also got great burgers but I think they're a little pricey - the guys from OP probably wouldn't think so, though. The first "cruise" of the year is 17 April if that's what you guys want to do ... should give you plenty of time to do any last minute things to the Trep.

I'm gonna' wait for nice weather before I get into the door panels and install the new heated mirrors and courtesy lights. I'd also like to get a baseline dyno run before I start putting on performance mods and no dyno until the 2nd or 3rd weekend of March - so I'm kinda' on hold, myself, until then.

Is that what you guys want to do? I'm not trying to push any of this, it's just a suggestion ... I'm game for anything.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,870 Posts
concordia said:
Hey all - I run into KC fairly often (got my car from Bud Brown @ 95th & Metcalf) so I'd be down for a meet. We can also get JoeKD to send Ewniece out for signing & pics!:)
Sounds good to me ... the more the merrier! Now if we can just figure out what we want to do ...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts