DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read through multiple posts on this mod before, but do not rememner reading anything about this. I am finally in a position where I can afford to do this mod, but have one concern. The part that must be sent to KB, the ECU I believe, is where the odometer information is stored. If I pull the ECU then I will lose my odometer information and it will need to be reprogrammed right? Am I completely off base here? My line of thought is telling me that I am going to need to take my car somewhere have the ECU pulled, leave the car there, have the ECU reinstalled, and then have the odo information reprogrammed into it. Can anybody who has done this mod please tell me if this is true or not?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I just emailed KB the other day and they said they had nothing for the 3.2/3.5 platform available at this time.

I have no idea what this is about, I'm asking them.

·
Registered
467 Posts
yeah but look at the form that you need to fill out for ordering - only lists 2.7

·
Registered
467 Posts
yes. I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone (3.5 swap, plus KB upgrade of the fuel maps)

I was thinking they could just start with the 3.5 values rather than the 3.2 values, and add their flash to that. They replied that they had no products available for my application.

I mailed them back for specifics but nothing yet. :???:

·
Registered
843 Posts
95PGTTech said:
yes. I was hoping to kill two birds with one stone (3.5 swap, plus KB upgrade of the fuel maps)

I was thinking they could just start with the 3.5 values rather than the 3.2 values, and add their flash to that. They replied that they had no products available for my application.

I mailed them back for specifics but nothing yet. :???:
Yeah I asked them the same thing if they could just do the 3.5 values to my 2.7pcm and they said exactly what they told you...

·
Registered
160 Posts
95PGTTech said:
yeah but look at the form that you need to fill out for ordering - only lists 2.7
That's true but the price sheet lists the 300m which is only has the H/O 3.5.
A phone call might clear it up the confusion.

·
Registered
467 Posts
mmm, I am going to tell them that. see if they can just put the 300M performance program they have into my 3.2 computer :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told only older 3.5 engines. I think they changed the PCM in 02 and KB no longer has the capability to do the newer 3.5 treps.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was asking for a 2000. I still have not heard back again from them.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
ecrane99 said:
I was told only older 3.5 engines. I think they changed the PCM in 02 and KB no longer has the capability to do the newer 3.5 treps.
This is true. I went to all the work to send it to them. And only found out later, they could not do 4 plug in PCM's. Which is 2002 on up. The Dumb Ass sale's tech did not tell me. They could not do 2002 cars. Even though when i called, and told him i had a 2002 300M. Now i think they but it on their site. Back then they did not.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I wish they would it would save us "swappers" a lot of hassle but they wont program a pcm with the engine specs to another motor.I asked the guy what the big deal was and would they do it with some sort of waiver but they just said nope...

I wonder if you take off all the indentifying marks on the pcm and just send it to them if they will figure out its not for a 3.5 and just flash the damn thing.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
qp_20 said:
I have read through multiple posts on this mod before, but do not rememner reading anything about this. I am finally in a position where I can afford to do this mod, but have one concern. The part that must be sent to KB, the ECU I believe, is where the odometer information is stored. If I pull the ECU then I will lose my odometer information and it will need to be reprogrammed right? Am I completely off base here? My line of thought is telling me that I am going to need to take my car somewhere have the ECU pulled, leave the car there, have the ECU reinstalled, and then have the odo information reprogrammed into it. Can anybody who has done this mod please tell me if this is true or not?
Pulling the PCM is not that big of a job - I watched the tech do mine. There are about 10 bolts total - including the 3-4 that hold the PCM - and (in my case) four plugs on the PCM. That's all there is to it. Save yourself the money, park it in an out-of-the-way place in the driveway, and pull that puppy ... :)
xrental said:
I wish they would it would save us "swappers" a lot of hassle but they wont program a pcm with the engine specs to another motor.I asked the guy what the big deal was and would they do it with some sort of waiver but they just said nope...

I wonder if you take off all the indentifying marks on the pcm and just send it to them if they will figure out its not for a 3.5 and just flash the damn thing.
It may be an issue between a high-speed PCM and a standard PCM - I think there are internal differences ...

·
Registered
714 Posts
So D76G12, you have a 2002 R/T, right and you had the KB OptimizerII done on your car?
What gains did you noticed afterwards?

·
Registered
467 Posts
xrental said:

that's retarted. I was going to send in my 3.2 PCM when I do my 3.5 swap and have them put in their 3.5L performance program.

they'll hear about this. :mad:

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
95PGTTech said:
that's retarted. I was going to send in my 3.2 PCM when I do my 3.5 swap and have them put in their 3.5L performance program.

they'll hear about this. :mad:
I don't think they can for the reasons stated above.
Captain said:
So D76G12, you have a 2002 R/T, right and you had the KB OptimizerII done on your car?
What gains did you noticed afterwards?
I do not have a KB program in my PCM - they don't have one for the 2002+ ... :(

·
Registered
467 Posts
I really don't need the speed limiter removed, I'm not ever going to go over 120 even on the track. I've never even approached 85 on the road.

I just want the fuel/timing values. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts