DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stalled when i was about to make a right turn from a stop light, then stalled as i was making a right turn into a parking lot, The steerling wheel gets hard to turn and i cannot take out the key.... Also the check engine pops on??? any ideas guys? :brutal_40

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Have you check the codes by doing the key trick ?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
CHECK ENGINE LIGHT (MIL)

Cycle the ignition key to ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON within 5 seconds.

Count the number of times the MIL (check engine light) on the instrument panel flashes on and off. The number of flashes represents the trouble code. There is a slight pause between the flashes representing the first and second digits of the code. Longer pauses separate the individual two digit trouble code.

An example of a flashed DTC is as follows:

Lamp flashes 4 times, pauses, and then flashes 6 more times. This indicates a DTC code of 46.

Lamp flashes 5 times, pauses, then flashes 5 more times. This indicates a DTC code of 55. A DTC of 55 will always be the last code to be displayed. This indicates the end of all stored codes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
it will be hard to turn without the engine runnng of course and did you have the shifter in park when you tried to remove the key?

·
Registered
35 Posts
This was the second problem I encountered with the trep same situationes same thing .was the crank senser.for some reason the computer will never tell me what is going on.I even bought a 400$ scanner still nothing,I've learned to troubleshoot on intrepid .net had more success.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts