DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Increases

Just as a side note to the ~25 Hp increases.

I called kenne about the Optimizer for 2000 Intrepids and he gave me the "Yes, 25 HP increases" (this was about 8 months ago)

I was very interested, so I told them we would be doing back to back Dyno runs to test the system, thats when the "Oh you will only get 4 to maybe 10hp at best" came from.

If it improves shifts, then thats good.

Funny thing is,, there seems to be a 20 hp swing in output on the dyno's with identical Intrepids (Year/model). The only diff is date of manufacture. I suspect that there were some production code changes during the model years. Some Autostick R/T's shift real aggressive in Autostick, and some don't.

· Registered
155 Posts
I called them to see if they could do the pinion change to correct the speedo when using the SE gears. They said they could but, mine was the first call and it would be too time consuming to worth it for them.

· Registered
1,069 Posts
INTREPER said:
Why not just get the prowler progears...Same thing as the SE gears, plus it comes with the part to correct the speedo.
The Prowler Pro gears are not the same.....not even close. I forgot the final drive ratio's but they are quite different. To correct the speedo an after market device is needed. If anyone comes up with a good one let me know. I need one too.

· Registered
155 Posts
INTREPER said:
Why not just get the prowler progears...Same thing as the SE gears, plus it comes with the part to correct the speedo.
The ratios are different on the PP or G-Force over the SE gears, oh and the price! SE gears are under $100, the other two contenders are over $1K.

I only wish the dealer would take the time to adjust the programming when they flash it, they could do it if they wanted to.

· Registered
155 Posts
I had emailed KB before I called them, they got around to sending me a reply;

Question:
I'm changing the final drive ratio from stock 3.66:1 to 3.89:1 which is what the 300M specials have. When you are flashing the computer is it possible to change the pinon ratio?

KB Answer:
No. The pinion gear ratio is put into the ABS control module, not the PCM. The dealer can reflash the ABS module for the new gears.

So anyone in tight with a dealer that could find out if this is true? I really want to do the special gears but not if I can't correct the speedo.

· Registered
8,740 Posts
There is another post in here somewhere where one of the guys went in and the dealer told them it wasn't possible to change the pinion gear programming. However, they can change the tire ratio so theoretically you could calculate the right tire ratio to use to correct for the gear change. The real question is whether the dealer can't or won't change the pinion programming...

· Registered
1 Posts
details on KB

Hi guys,

One of your smaller cousins checking in here. The KB Optimizer. One of our better tuners slapped this on his built engine (I saw some videos of him running it out past 7500 RPM) I'm not sure if this makes a difference on anything they'll do with an automatic, but it doesn't have any ability to contol Fuel mixture above the stock REV limiter. I'm not sure about the speed limiter. His A/F readings were all over the place when he was dyno/tuning it. Basically they can't change anything that the stock ECU has no tables for.

· Registered
212 Posts
The speedo machine says that the speedometer head is correct. In other words, the speedometer head correctly reflects the signal being sent to it.

The problem is the SIGNAL is wrong. In this case because of the gear swap, but tire size changes will cause this too.

It's exactly as if, on an old cable drive speedo, you had swapped rear end gears w/o correcting the speedo drive gear in the tranny. The speedometer, when in the car, will read wrong but will test ok on the machine.

· Registered
3,206 Posts
Re: Shifting?

GR8WHT said:
The only part the ECM plays in shifting is retarding the timing at each shift to reduce driveline stress.
Bingo

GR8WHT said:
which is overridden in 2000 R/T's when using autostick.
No it isn't

Originally posted by baggedintrepid
oh and the optimizer 2 also improves shifts ..there is no seperate module for the transmission its all in the same module all the software is intigrated
Wrong. If you have the Optimizer II that means you have a 2001 or older and you have a SEPARATE TCM.

Don

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.