DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Key fob replacement face and keypad

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 ·
This is pretty cool, Dorman has come out with remote key fob replacement case/button pad kits selling for around $18 at Advance. I had a chance to look at one and it seems to be OE quality. This is perfect for people like me whose circuit board is fine but after 12 years the fob doesn't look so great. I'm gonna pick one up soon I think.

See less See more
#3 ·
So I picked one up today. Quality wise it seems just fine, weird having actual texture ion the fob, mine is nearly smooth!

It doesn't come with the metal contact clip for the batteries, so you have to swap that over as well. At a glance it looks just like OEM. The only difference on the face is that it doesn't say "press twice" for the trunk release. On the back it has different inspections. Not bad for $15!

#5 ·
Press twice for the trunk release and door unlock applies to 2000 and earlier cars. For 2001 and later it's a single press of the button for those functions.

#6 ·
So on 2001 and later models pressing the unlock button once unlocks all the doors? Never knew that. On my car at least its once to unlock the driver's door, twice for all doors.

I think having to only press the trunk release button once is a better design though.

#11 ·
For 2001 and later the single press to open is an option. It can be programmed with the EVIC as indicated above. I'd have to look in my owners manual to see if it can be programmed with just a fob and the ignition. 2000 and earlier there is no option at all to select either single or double press. It's double press only for the earlier cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.