DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key hole went south. I don't know the official term, but the key hole broke. I think the tumblers went bad in it because it was extremely hard to get the key out and it would not stay in the on posistion. So I had the joy of driving the mechanic shop while holding the key in the on posistion. This was two days after I had gotten my car working 100%, washed and waxed. Thursday morning before school, put the key in and the ***** won't stay on. Err... Well thank goodness its a minor problem as far as cost goes. Car won't be back till tomorrow after school (monday, the 11th). :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
I've heard this is becoming a common problem with higher mileage first gen LH cars. Sometimes your car will do weird electrical things once this key hole thingy starts to wear out to.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car has as 59,300 miles on it. Not many electrical problems.... yet. My cd player dicks up and my power mirrors don't work well. I'm just glad its a minor problem, as far as money goes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
191k on my 94. the main problems i have encountered include a bad TPS (which was difficult to remove beause of those damn 6 pronged bolts, torxs? and because it has never been removed in the cars 8 years of existence) and winshield wipers that go for 2 minutes after i turn them off....no other problems than that! thank god

1 - 5 of 5 Posts