DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...I was just checking thru the search feature for how to program a new keyfob for my 2000 r/t....anyhow the instructions I saw quite a few times goes as such:
1. turn key to on postion but don't start the engine
2. press unlock and hold for more than 4 seconds but no longer than 10. You will hear a chime to let u know u are in training mode.
3. press the panic button then release both buttons
4. press unlock and lock together on the already programmed remote then press unlock
5. press unlock and lock together on the new remote then unlock.
A chime will sound to let u know that its been programmed...

Well, I did all of this, first turning on the key and then holding unlock for more than 4 seconds, then pressed panic and released both...it DID chime. So then I pressed lock/unlock on the old keyfob....then I pressed unlock...I did the same on the new keyfob and waited to hear the chime...it chimed and I figured it was programmed! NOT...the old one still works fine but the new one does jack ****...nothing...I turned off the car..waited a minute or 2 and retried all of this...same result...nothing happens with the new remote...so, whats up? Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I know the new fob works just fine as i put a brand new battery in BOTH fobs prior to doing all of this and I even switched the batteries around to make sure one wasn't bad...they both worked in the old fob...please help!!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh? I guess I must have read the post wrong then...I don't have an evic...just sunroof controls up there...I guess I need to know how to do this without one, then...I had to take the car to get some oil cooler lines fixed today so I won't have it until tomorrow afternoon...If anyone can give me the proper steps to doing this without an evic then I will try it again....thankx everyone...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.