DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 1 keyless entry that works on my '97 'Corde, and 1 that doesn't. I wanna try reprogramming the receiver for the dud one before I go out and spend the money for a new transmitter (the dealer wants the car for the day just to do the keyless entry. Uh... no.) I did a search and saw something about grounding pin 1 of the connector under the dash, but I want to make sure that's right before I go do it and accidently blow up my computer or something.

Also, how hard is it to change the alarm armed light on the top of the dash? Mine burned out or something 'cause it's never worked since I got the car and I can just hear the dealer telling me they want $400 or something stupid like that for the light.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Here, you can get a new Alpine alarm system and keyless entry for less than $400, installed...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
Here, you can get a new Alpine alarm system and keyless entry for less than $400, installed...
Alas... I got a problem in my area where my choices for Chrysler dealers are bad, worse, damn, and aaaaarrrrgggghhhh! The last one being the one where they would actually sabotage my dad's 95 'Trep to get it back for more work. (Yeah, the dealers are that bad) The one I go to for warranty work has a policy that they will not check what is covered on the warranty until after they do the work, and everything not covered somehow seems to wind up being $600. That's why I try to do whatever I can by myself.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Let Chrysler know about these dealerships, I'm sure they would do something. And threaten the dealerships to go to court......and actually take them to court if you can prove that they actually mess your car up.......Put a complaint in the local paper warning people about them, that will get the dealership back!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
BTW, I think when Matt was talking about the Alpine system, he was suggesting to go to an aftermarket place, NOT a dealer.....I doubt the dealer would put an alpine system in anyways. I got an Avital (Clifford) alarm system for my trep for 300 Canadian, installed......well worth the money!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by Djnrg:
BTW, I think when Matt was talking about the Alpine system, he was suggesting to go to an aftermarket place, NOT a dealer.....I doubt the dealer would put an alpine system in anyways. I got an Avital (Clifford) alarm system for my trep for 300 Canadian, installed......well worth the money!
The name is Chris, not Matt ;):p...but yes i was talking about aftermarket...in this case going to the local car audio store.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yup - the Chrysler dealer was trying to screw me over as well. I basically told him to **** off cos there was no way I was gonna shell out 600 bucks for a god damn alarm.

I got mine installed at futureshop.They did a great job - cost me a total of 380 bucks with keyless entry as well.

Whats more - it took em under an hour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts