DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom just got a '00 caravan, but the dealer didnt have the remotes so she bought 2 on ebay. how would you program the remotes to the car or do we have o take it to a dealer? I know its not n intrepid but it still dodge maybe its done the same way thanks

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Thanks to (thebulgd).............. Not sure, but hope this helps.. http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14981

This explains how to program additional transmitters, you must have one working transmitter. The following is from a 2000 owner's manual.

Up to four transmitters can be programmed.

1. With the vehicle in Park, turn the ignition switch to the ON position.

2. Using a previously programmed transmitter press the Unlock button on the transmitter. Continue to hold the Unlock button, wait atleast 4 but no longer than 10 seconds, then press and hold the Panic button for atleast one second. Release both buttons simultaneously. You will hear a chime to signal that you can proceed with the programming of the new transmitter.

3. Press and release any button on each new transmitter to be programmed as well as the previously programmed transmitter. You will hear a chime when a transmitter has been successfully programmed. You will have 30 seconds to finish programming all new transmitters. A chime will sound when the 30 seconds is over or the ignition switch is turned to the Lock position.

Easy as pie.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we dont have any remotes but thanks anyway i was wondering if anyone knew how to program them with out the first remote

·
Registered
42 Posts
You have to have one programed to the car. The dealer here only charged 5.00 when I put in the RKE module. After that you can program other other one if they are not the same frequency

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
If the caravan has the RKE system installed already, but no remotes, then yes, they'll just charge you to program a remote. I've seen this fee anywhere from $5 to $40. BUT... If it wasn't equipped with it to begin with, then you have to either find an RKE module yourself or have them install one for you, then pay to program the remotes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts